Best player we brought in on loan or free?

Derek Parlane was the first name I thought of when I saw this thread. Great partnership with Jim Tolmie. God he was expensive at £35 000.
I remember going away to Leeds and Parlane scored 2 against them,.... if memory serves we signed him from Leeds, and we were all singing, “ Thank you very much , for Derek Parlane, Thank you very much, thank you very, very very much “ ... Lol,... great fun to stick it up those Yorkie scruffs.

Id echo van Buyten, he looked very good

Might be straying into dodgy territory but Shauny Wright on a free at 17 worked out well

Bernarbia possibly the best in terms of what we were and what he could do

Weah because it was George fucking Weah, I was so excited when we signed him

Last edited:
To answer the question literally, possibly Peter Beardsley. Obviously by the time we got him he was 2 stone overweight and totally finished. But in our team at the time he wasn’t the worst.

Cant believe no one has mentioned Billy McNeill's legendary two loan signings Greame Sinclair (Celtic) 2 games
Dom Sullivan (Morton) 1 game

I was there for all 3 games!
We had a few short term arrivals from Scotland around this time, also remember Duncan Davidson and Gordon Dalziel. Ken McNaught also played a few games on loan, think we didnt have the money to sign him permanently. We had a heavy Scottish influence at this time.

We had a few short term arrivals from Scotland around this time, also remember Duncan Davidson and Gordon Dalziel. Ken McNaught also played a few games on loan, think we didnt have the money to sign him permanently. We had a heavy Scottish influence at this time.
Billy McNeill's bargain buys.
Jim Melrose, Gordon Smith, Neil McNab, Jim Tolmie and Derek Parlane!
Every position except a goalkeeper!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.