Best Premier League XI?

Is anyone else a bit 'worried' that in all of the teams given, there are very few city players.
A lot of people are talking about winning trophys and finishing above utd etc because of how good our team is, yet none of our players are featuring in best prem teams. Also, last season we didn't gel as well as hoped so if this doesn't happen again this season maybe some people need to lower their expectations or we will be having mancini outers by October

Well only Tevez deserves to be considered, then again he's against Rooney, Drogba and Torres.

----------------------Reina-----------------------
---Ivanovic---Kompany-----Vidic-------Evra-------
----------------------Essien----------------------
---------------Fabregas---Gerrard-----------------
-------Tevez-------------------------Silva--------
----------------------Rooney----------------------

Subs: Given, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Y. Toure, Modric, Valencia, Drogba

.....................Hart................
Ivanovic....Vidic....Terry....Evra
....................Essien...............
...Lennon....Fabregas....Bale....
...........Rooney....Drogba.........

Subs: Gordon Dawson ACole Mascherano Modric vanPersie Tevez

I'm not going to pick any City players who've not yet played in the league, and all reputations aside...

----------------------Hart------------------------

Cuellar-------Vidic-----------Lescott------Cole

Arteta-----Fabregas-------Lampard---------Malouda

------------Drogba---------Van Persie-------------

Subs: Cech, Tevez, Rooney, Dawson, Essien, Gerrard, Evra.

117 M34 said:
Is anyone else a bit 'worried' that in all of the teams given, there are very few city players.
A lot of people are talking about winning trophys and finishing above utd etc because of how good our team is, yet none of our players are featuring in best prem teams. Also, last season we didn't gel as well as hoped so if this doesn't happen again this season maybe some people need to lower their expectations or we will be having mancini outers by October

There are more realistic people amongst us! We only dominated a team for 90mins (off the top if my head) three times all of last season - Chelsea at home, Blackburn at home and Burnley away. In the other 35 games we only played well in spells, were average, or poor. If you look on paper at our result away at Chelsea you'd think we were a special team but we were poor in the first half and just took our chances when they came in the second half, we were only okay in the rest of the game. Top teams dominate 20-25, maybe more, games a season. We aren't at that level yet!

I feel we are 4 years off being Champions. I think the rise from almost relegation to mid table (under Sven) is easy to achieve. I think the rise from mid table to European spots (last season) is quite easy to achieve. But from then on going from 5th to 4th, from 4th to 3rd, from 3rd to 2nd and from 2nd to 1st becomes more and more difficult.

Even if we had a squad capable of winning the league I highly doubt they would do it within two seasons. Look at the core of Chelsea and Uniteds teams, they've played together for years and years, the longest serving player at City is who? Micah Richards? Stephen Ireland?

---------------------Reina------------------------

--- Ivanovic---Kompany---Carvalho-----Cole-----

----------Fabregas--De Jong---Bale-----------

---------------------Gerrard--------------------

----------------Torres-----Tevez---------------

Sub: Hart
Boateng
Drogba
A.Johnson
Mascherano
Essien
Adebayor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.