Best pubs in town for football?

markprendy

Can anyone recommend where to watch the game in town on Sunday? What are the best pubs for big screens, atmosphere, etc?

I'm the Lass all the way. It's probably not the best, the screen's not the biggest, it's a funny shape, but the crowd, although mixed usually, don't kick off, the beers decent, and it's 2 mins walk away! It also shows every bloody match going on its assortment of obscure foreign channels.

Its looking like this might be the favourite then (seen as no others have been mentioned lol)

Best screen is probably Varsity. But no atmosphere whatsoever. Lass is nice but yeah, screens are not great. Joshua Brooks next door apparently has great screens.

SouthStand211 said:
Best screen is probably Varsity. But no atmosphere whatsoever. Lass is nice but yeah, screens are not great. Joshua Brooks next door apparently has great screens.

I have watched a few away games in Joshua Brooks they have the dodgy channels

goose72 said:
I'm the Lass all the way. It's probably not the best, the screen's not the biggest, it's a funny shape, but the crowd, although mixed usually, don't kick off, the beers decent, and it's 2 mins walk away! It also shows every bloody match going on its assortment of obscure foreign channels.

Went in The Lass to catch the Everton game. Was told that they didn't have ESPN, so bogged off to The Crown & Kettle on Gt Ancoats Street (which is where I usually go). Good beer, a few screens (including a big one), no meither, and one of my fave boozers in town. It's also in the N.Qtr which is great.

Blip said:
goose72 said:

Went in The Lass to catch the Everton game. Was told that they didn't have ESPN, so bogged off to The Crown & Kettle on Gt Ancoats Street (which is where I usually go). Good beer, a few screens (including a big one), no meither, and one of my fave boozers in town. It's also in the N.Qtr which is great.

Odd as I watched that game in the Lass, though as I recall it was on Italian Sky not ESPN...

Think it was shit whatever channel!

goose72 said:
Blip said:

Odd as I watched that game in the Lass, though as I recall it was on Italian Sky not ESPN...

Think it was shit whatever channel!

I asked the barmaid if they had ESPN and she said "no". Never mentioned that my intention was to watch City. That will explain it. I'll give it another go sometime. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.