Best punk front man/woman ?

Sadly a number of those mentioned have passed away, Strummer, Poly, Shelley Ian Dury. You can add to that list Mark E Smith, Ari Up from the Slits and Barrie Masters from Eddie and the Hot Rods just yesterday. Malcolm Owen from The Ruts went years ago of course.

For me Siouxsie as female and male well Rotten has to be up there for sheer stage prescence but my favourite is William Broad.

3232.jpg

Bloody love this photo of Pete Shelley. R.I.P
Looks like it could have been taken at the back of the Platt Lane stand

No one (in America at least) provoked more fan riots than Lee Ving of Fear. OK, maybe Darby Crash, but he provoked riots because he was drunk every show and he sucked -- same as the Replacements were in the early days -- but that shouldn't count.

Lee Ving just insulted the shit out of people until they stormed the stage in a rage. If that isn't your criteria for the "best", what is?

I always enjoyed Poly Styrene from X-Ray Specs. Just looked her up, died some time ago aged 53. No age at all!! RIP
After her punk career she work as a Cashier for William Hill Bookmakers and she used to set the Crossword in the company magazine. Always thought it was sad she had no where to go musically after her punk career, sad at 53, Breast Cancer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.