Best Tactical Decision by a City manager

Didsbury Dave

Follwing the other thread, what's the best piece of tactical genius you remember?

I always felt Joe Royle was a good tactician.

Didn't he bring Bishop on against Gillingham at 1-0 down and against Blackburn at 1-0 down and both times Bish changed the game?

An underrated character in our renaissance was Bish, and although Royle made some big cockups I always trusted him tactically on the field.

Keegan paring up Eyal and Ali when all logic said they couldn't play together.

Reid (was it?) putting David White as a forward off Niall Quinn.

Any others?

I thought the way Joe Royle positioned the goalposts at blackburn in the first half on that magnificent day was pure genius

Probably bringing Colin Bell on at half time in his comeback match .......

it was the last thing Newcastle wanted to see , and with good reason!

Sven, with his team selection and set-up for the Munich Memorial derby.

He took a limited side to the swamp to play the eventual domestic and European champions, and convincingly took all 3 points with a tactical masterclass when there wasn't a soul on God's green earth who gave us a hope in Hell.

Nothing short of pure brilliance.

*singingtheblues* said:

He took a limited side to the swamp to play the eventual domestic and European champions, and convincingly took all 3 points with a tactical masterclass when there wasn't a soul on God's green earth who gave us a hope in Hell.

I remember outstanding invdividual performances from Ireland and Richards were the backbone of our win that day.

Oh no, that can't be true, can it? Richards is a fat-arsed ganster who's shit and Ireland's only had half a good season in his life. That's what I keep reading on here.

Didsbury Dave said:
*singingtheblues* said:

I remember outstanding invdividual performances from Ireland and Richards were the backbone of our win that day.

Oh no, that can't be true, can it? Richards is a fat-arsed ganster who's shit and Ireland's only had half a good season in his life. That's what I keep reading on here.

Wow, you've managed to derail your own thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.