Best thing about Jack Rodwell

chesterbells

If there's already a thread on this humble apologies etc, but after last nIght I'm just genuinely trying to work out why we bought him. I'm not just thinking of the mistake for the goal but his all round contribution.
I wonder if he's one of those Jenas type players who isn't particularly strong in any aspect. What are is best qualities as a player; in what ways is he 'top4' standard?

For me he's not mobile, not quick, doesn't adopt positions quickly enough to receive the ball, doesn't pass quickly or accurately enough, doesn't have quick feet, doesn't close down quick enough, isn't strong enough in the tackle, and doesn't show enough desire.

Fella near me last night saying he was bought without ever being seen or spoken to by the manager, no idea how true this is.

One for the future but still not guaranteed to be brilliant as of yet, but certainly not one to stick on the field in a game like last night.

James Milner all day long, baffling substitution.

Freestyler said:
One for the future but still not guaranteed to be brilliant as of yet, but certainly not one to stick on the field in a game like last night.

Ageed, that struck me as an obvious one last night. Has Milner fallen out with the manager ( or vice versa)?? Seems like some words were exchange last time he played.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:31 pm --<br /><br />
chesterbells said:
Freestyler said:

Ageed, that struck me as an obvious one last night. Has Milner fallen out with the manager ( or vice versa)?? Seems like some words were exchange last time he played.

As a radio caller said last night Moyes was happy to let him go & he ain't a bad judge of a player

chesterbells said:
Freestyler said:

Ageed, that struck me as an obvious one last night. Has Milner fallen out with the manager ( or vice versa)?? Seems like some words were exchange last time he played.

He may have!

I always say the manager is bigger than the player, which they are. But to buy Milner for his midfield attributes and then hardly play him, literally ruin his career and play him as a winger is a joke.

Bad management, Milner could be what barry is now. I'd play Milner over Garcia and Rodwell. Milner and Yaya is so balanced, even with barry it's perfect.

Mancini won't hold his hands up and say he's wrong, but his treatment of Milner has been harsh and poor.

I commented at half-time that he spent the whole time he was on hiding behind Dortmund players and not moving into space to give his teammates an option. He quite clearly didn't want the ball and was not at all comfortable with it when it was given to him. The inevitable conclusion was his hot-potato impression that led to the goal. Woefully out of his depth in the Champions League, but then that's hardly a surprise.

What i don't get is why you bought rodwell when you could have got Dembele for the same price and he's twice the player.

He's up there with Scott Sinclair as the English players we bought who weren't good enough. I am dreading Saturday with the knowledge that Johno is gonna make us look silly and we are gonna have that clown Sinclair out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.