Best thing about Jack Rodwell

I remembered Rodwell shutting down Silva for nearly 70mins. Lad's got potential, just lacked mental steel and concentration. If Mancini wants to bring anything out of this lad, he's gotta give him the same treatment he gave Richards.

Dubai Blue said:
I commented at half-time that he spent the whole time he was on hiding behind Dortmund players and not moving into space to give his teammates an option. He quite clearly didn't want the ball and was not at all comfortable with it when it was given to him. The inevitable conclusion was his hot-potato impression that led to the goal. Woefully out of his depth in the Champions League, but then that's hardly a surprise.
All 12 minutes

The best thing about Jack it shows Barry should get another years contract extension, even if we just save him for the very big games.

chesterbells said:
If there's already a thread on this humble apologies etc, but after last nIght I'm just genuinely trying to work out why we bought him. I'm not just thinking of the mistake for the goal but his all round contribution.
I wonder if he's one of those Jenas type players who isn't particularly strong in any aspect. What are is best qualities as a player; in what ways is he 'top4' standard?

For me he's not mobile, not quick, doesn't adopt positions quickly enough to receive the ball, doesn't pass quickly or accurately enough, doesn't have quick feet, doesn't close down quick enough, isn't strong enough in the tackle, and doesn't show enough desire.

Fella near me last night saying he was bought without ever being seen or spoken to by the manager, no idea how true this is.
Oh dear........
Mancini wanted him for 2 years, used to watch him play at Everton, that fella near you clearly diden´t know what he was talking about!!
And some of you need to have a look at yourselves. He´s 21 years old and he´ll make mistakes, Yaya was poor when he first signed so was NDJ and Milner give the lad some time to settle in. Yaya was caught out several times on the ball yesterday and he could of been responsible for 3-4 goals yesterday luckily for him Joe had a great night in goal.

mancincali said:
Let's remember jacks already done the same fucking thing once he ISN'T comfortable in a passing side, mancini cost us the 3 points and joes deserved clean sheet.

Maybe footballs not his game then ffs

GaudinoMotors said:
ell said:
Nobody better would settle for position of a bit part player. The real question as others have asked is why Milner isnt ahead of him

Is Mancini playing Rodwell to show how poor the transfers were?

IF Mancini was doing that then he deserves the sack. Personally I dont, but I cant come up with an explaination for why he is ahead of Milner

OK Barry is injured but how the fuck is this guy getting in ahead of Milner?

Another expensive gaff last night.

twinkletoes said:
Perfect replacement for Gareth Barry then.

are you being serious ??? Barry was one of our best players all last season, excpet one poor performance against Stoke, anyone can have an off day !!!

When Barry plays and plays well he normally makes us tick<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm --<br /><br />
nehe11 said:
chesterbells said:
If there's already a thread on this humble apologies etc, but after last nIght I'm just genuinely trying to work out why we bought him. I'm not just thinking of the mistake for the goal but his all round contribution.
I wonder if he's one of those Jenas type players who isn't particularly strong in any aspect. What are is best qualities as a player; in what ways is he 'top4' standard?

For me he's not mobile, not quick, doesn't adopt positions quickly enough to receive the ball, doesn't pass quickly or accurately enough, doesn't have quick feet, doesn't close down quick enough, isn't strong enough in the tackle, and doesn't show enough desire.

Fella near me last night saying he was bought without ever being seen or spoken to by the manager, no idea how true this is.
Oh dear........
Mancini wanted him for 2 years, used to watch him play at Everton, that fella near you clearly diden´t know what he was talking about!!
And some of you need to have a look at yourselves. He´s 21 years old and he´ll make mistakes, Yaya was poor when he first signed so was NDJ and Milner give the lad some time to settle in. Yaya was caught out several times on the ball yesterday and he could of been responsible for 3-4 goals yesterday luckily for him Joe had a great night in goal.

utter dross !!

well if he is young and not ready for it yet, why the hell is he being played ?? he offers nothing to the side, he is uncomfortable on the ball, never makes a forward pass, passes backwards blind !! doesnt go into any crunching tackles, doesnt break up play !!! these are things a holding midfielder should be doing and offering protection to his back 4, not putting them under more pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.