Best 'value for money' signing we ever made??

Bell , Lee or Summerbee were all top quality signings , and all fantastic value for money ...... but Bell at £45,000 has probably been our most influential signing .

When Bell signed for us in 1966 , the influential Alan Ball moved to Everton for £112,000 in the same year ........ so that shows what a great deal we got with Bell.

squirtyflower said:
PabZab said:
squirtyflower said:
Bell 45K
Lee 60K
Summerbee 35K

Not a bad bit of business

Those prices are relative to the time though aren't they.

Yes the values are relative, but still reasonable prices and you can't deny the quality of player and the impact they had on City.

you are right but these werent cheap at the time, I think Bell's fee was a record for a teenager and Lee's was our record fee until Arthur Mann..!

droylsdenblue said:
squirtyflower said:
Bell 45K
Lee 60K
Summerbee 35K

Not a bad bit of business

you are right but these werent cheap at the time, I think Bell's fee was a record for a teenager and Lee's was our record fee until Arthur Mann..!

The record fee in 1962 was £115,000 and in 1968 was £150,000, and the three together cost £140,000.

Off today's figures that means £10 mill apiece would equate to one Robinho.

If we got three players this transfer window who had such an influence over the next four years I would be an extremely happy man.

morrison top signing and ian bishop(both times), bishop coming on as a sub at wembley against gillingham as to be value for money to any blue!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.