Best 'value for money' signing we ever made??

EarbyBlue

Having just had a good look at another thread on the worst 'forward' signing at City and as we're probably going to go on a bit of a spree this summer, I thought it would be good to reflect upon those signings we made (and all to rarely!!) who were excellent value for money at the time - this is not necesserily about how much a player cost although that is part of it, more what that player contributed. My choices would probably cover the last 20 years but please don't limit yourselve if you can think of a greater one - Bert Truatmann and Colin Bell hardley bust the bank in their respective era's.

Shaun Goater would fit the bill for me, as would a player like Neil McNab. Richard Dunne?? When you think of the cash we have wasted was £2mil on Vassell that bad a peice of business, personally I thought his partnership with Andy Cole was a good one while it lasted. What about Kinkladze, again 2mill, albeit at a time when we had very little real money to spalsh. Deitmar Hamann? laughed at first season, but brilliant for us last time out? Paul Dickov.... truely priceless contribution 10 years ago?

Ali Bernarbia was a good buy, he really improved the team at a time when we needed a lift to get back in the Prem. But in fairness even though I think his days at City are numbered, Richard Dunne is the player who has given us best value for money.

Corky said:
Bernarbia, Morrison, Rosler, Quinn, Scape Goat...

Agree with Barnabia, cost nothing and major contribution even if for just the one season....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.