Best Volleyed Goal By a City Player

Does the Balotelli shoulder against Norwich count? not a blammer, not a spectacular overhead or scissor kick volley but all the same pure class

lancs blue said:
mscenterh750 said:
moz said:
I remember a cracker from jim melrose at maine road around 85 possibly against notts county but not sure
Yep just inside the Notts County half, I was at that game.

Shelvey's goal recently for Swansea against Villa was very similar in style exept Melrose's was with his left foot from just outside the left edge of the centre circle. The Notts County keeper wasn't that far off his line either but still had no chance, which made it an even better strike.
Sorry to be pedantic but Melrose hit it with his right foot and was inside the centre circle!

oakiecokie said:
Only one good enough.Look at Steve Mackenzies equaliser against Spurs in the FA Cup Final.It will always be remembered for the bastard winning goal by Spurs and not Stevies magnificient volley.
+1

Melrose. tragic no video of it. Was inside centre circle and smashed it the full volley from inside their half of centre circle

KippaxCitizen said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
That's right, let's get this poll going.

Only one winner for me.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbf5hriP0Y[/video]
Someone was trying to get past me as they were leaving early and they dropped something on the floor by my feet and i missed this goal! I've had a bee in my bonnet about early leavers ever since.

So have I, and funnily enough that was the only game I've ever left early, as I had to get a train, so I missed it too.

As for the best though, I've got to go for the Colin Bell against Chelsea, still the best goal I've ever seen in the flesh.

Steve MacKenzie v Spurs in the 1981 cup final. Awesomely good and it was at a cup final!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_wQPiuwaQ[/video]

tiptopcheshireblue said:
When i saw the title of the post, my instant thoughts were Niclas Jensen v Leeds and Steve Mckenzie v Spurs. Hard pushed to remember anything betterthan those two
When I saw the Title of the thread my first thought was Colin bell at Chelsea , followed by Jensen and Steve McKenzie in the cup final. 3 great goals.
Glad someone has posted Colin Bell's goal video...............

The Berkovic-Bernabia corner volley against Ipswich was an instant classic. It's all me and my mates were trying to do for weeks afterwards, it tooks years for our team to get back to taking corners properly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.