Best War "Film"

Another good one is.To End All Wars. About a Japanese P.O.W. camp during World War II.Starring Kiefer Sutherland,Robert Carlyle and Mark Strong.

exileindevon said:
Shot through the heart..true story of 2 former members of the yugoslavia olympic shooting team on opposite sides during the civil war

We were soldiers..another true story of first major battle in vietnam war.the role call of the dead at the end of the film is quite emotional.

The longest day..coz my daddy was there..

A rumor of war by phil caputto one of the best books ive read on vietnam and quite possibly the worst film ever made about that conflict.
SORRY BYE BYE VIETNAM WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER THE ACTING WAS SHITE TO BE KIND!

Apocalypse Now
Lawrence of Arabia
The Dirty Dozen
Battle of the Bulge
Kelly's Heroes
The Deer Hunter
Saving Private Ryan
Empire of the Sun
The Great Escape
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Schindler's List
Full Metal Jacket
M*A*S*H
Patton
Platoon
Where Eagles Dare

i cant believe nobody has mentioned escape to victory :) on a serious note we were soldiers is a great film and the best modern war film imoa is black hawk down. the recent tv mini-series occupation was a good watch.

The Thin Red Line for me

and on a slightly differant nore I read the book "Flags of Our Fathers" recently and came close to tears.(Ive not seeen the film yet) - what the Japs did was sickeningly horrible. Whilst the way the writers Father dealt with what had gone on was truly admirable.
Well worth a read.

I can't really see the attraction with The thin red line myself. It left me a bit cold. I know its not strictly a war film but I thought the film Atonement was very very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.