Best way too cook Lamb

bluemoon22

Tried cooking lamb before and its always come out tough and chewy.
Anyone know how to cook the thing so its soft and pulls apart easy ?

leg of lamb - slow cooker
half a bottle of dry white wine, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, couple of quartered red onions, 3 sprigs of rosemary.
cook for as along as you can, at least 8 hours.
falls apart.
serve with greens and either boiled new potatoes or roasties.

if there's any leftovers, make a shepherd pie the next day.

bluegirl74 said:
leg of lamb - slow cooker
half a bottle of dry white wine, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, couple of quartered red onions, 3 sprigs of rosemary.
cook for as along as you can, at least 8 hours.
falls apart.
serve with greens and either boiled new potatoes or roasties.

if there's any leftovers, make a shepherd pie the next day.
Mmmmhhhhhh that sounds beeeeutifulllllllll.

Wetted my appetite for a nice Sunday dinner this. Not talented enough to cook lamb yet. Going to drive into Cheshire and find a proper Sunday pub for lamb dinner!! Any recommendations???

worsleyweb said:
Wetted my appetite for a nice Sunday dinner this. Not talented enough to cook lamb yet. Going to drive into Cheshire and find a proper Sunday pub for lamb dinner!! Any recommendations???
The bulls head mobberly is good but expensive the church inn cheadle hulme good and better value for money.

andyhinch said:
worsleyweb said:
The bulls head mobberly is good but expensive the church inn cheadle hulme good and better value for money.

The Bulls head is vastly overrated Imho, very nice surroundings but the Sunday lunch is not much better than your average Blackpool boarding house.
Very few places doing Lamb at present due to the cost I've found, lots of beef around although lots of OTM which is why's it's cheaper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.