Best XI and formation for the CL knockouts?

........................................................................hart..............................................................

zabba.......................kompany..........................demichelis...................................kolarov

......................................................fernandinho..................................................................

..........................................yaya................................nasri...................................................

silva.....................................................negredo................................................aguero

have negredo and aguero rotating the left hand side position need to keep the ball in europe thats why I went for nasri over milner in the middle.

Pantilimon

Zaba Kompany Demichelis Kolarov

Fernandinho Yaya

Nasri Aguero Silva

Negredo

----------------------Hart------------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany-Nastasic---Kolarov
---------------Yaya-----Fernandinho------
------Milner--------Silva---------Nasri
---------------Aguero/Negredo--------

Don't see how you can say Aguero OR Negredo. Have you not been witnessing the epic partnership?!

Which brings me to another question:

Agredo or Neguero?

JJCMCFC said:
Don't see how you can say Aguero OR Negredo. Have you not been witnessing the epic partnership?!

Which brings me to another question:

Agredo or Neguero?

Yes but wasn't the consensus after the Bayern game that we should have played 5 in midfield ?

I think we have to play 5 in midfield, taking a more pragmatic approach and trying to leverage industry into goals. Milner centrally or Rodwell if he can ever get and remain fit would do a lot to choke out some of the space in Europe, hopefully press a bit more, and not play such a risky and open match.

The biggest problem, imo, is that Aguero isn't an ideal lone striker. I mean, he's an ideal everything in a lot of ways, but isolating him isn't a recipe for much success. We can't play 5 in the midfield and end up defending deep and throwing hopeful long balls up to Sergio. The 5 have to get and maintain possession enough for Sergio to do his thing in the final third. If we find ourselves struggling for the ball we'd be better off subbing Negredo for Aguero and hoping he can hold up play enough to allow us to establish possession. Or throw caution to the wind and bring Negredo on for a midfielder and try to pounce on one.

This is mostly FM/FIFA nonsense, but I'd love to see what we could do sitting deep in a 4-3-3 and trying to counter with an all speed front 3 of Aguero, Navas, and say Jovetic. Or Negredo, who could maybe play as a CF with the other two cutting around. Sort of what Napoli did for a while there with Cavani, Lavezzi, etc. You'd pin them back and suddenly they'd transition forward and put one in the net before you even knew what hit you.

teddykgb said:
I think we have to play 5 in midfield, taking a more pragmatic approach and trying to leverage industry into goals. Milner centrally or Rodwell if he can ever get and remain fit would do a lot to choke out some of the space in Europe, hopefully press a bit more, and not play such a risky and open match.

The biggest problem, imo, is that Aguero isn't an ideal lone striker. I mean, he's an ideal everything in a lot of ways, but isolating him isn't a recipe for much success. We can't play 5 in the midfield and end up defending deep and throwing hopeful long balls up to Sergio. The 5 have to get and maintain possession enough for Sergio to do his thing in the final third. If we find ourselves struggling for the ball we'd be better off subbing Negredo for Aguero and hoping he can hold up play enough to allow us to establish possession. Or throw caution to the wind and bring Negredo on for a midfielder and try to pounce on one.

This is mostly FM/FIFA nonsense, but I'd love to see what we could do sitting deep in a 4-3-3 and trying to counter with an all speed front 3 of Aguero, Navas, and say Jovetic. Or Negredo, who could maybe play as a CF with the other two cutting around. Sort of what Napoli did for a while there with Cavani, Lavezzi, etc. You'd pin them back and suddenly they'd transition forward and put one in the net before you even knew what hit you.

That bit above is exactly what I was going for with my team. I like your style.

JJCMCFC said:
Pantilimon

Zaba Kompany Demichelis Kolarov

Fernandinho Yaya

Nasri Aguero Silva

Negredo

This gets my vote for Home matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.