Betfair-help needed

Bluemoon115 said:
Well Ladbrokes has that at 50/1, so I'd go there tbh.
74/1 on betfair. Can't understand why anyone uses bookies anymore as betfair prices are better 99% of the time.

Sounds like you've not got you're head round laying at Betfair, so I'd stay clear!
If you are laying, you are being the bookie, so if you lay 3-3 at 75-1, for you to 'win' the punters £10 then you have to be prepared that if the 'punter' wins and it is 3-3 then you'd have to pay him £750.

Duphrates said:
Sounds like you've not got you're head round laying at Betfair, so I'd stay clear!
If you are laying, you are being the bookie, so if you lay 3-3 at 75-1, for you to 'win' the punters £10 then you have to be prepared that if the 'punter' wins and it is 3-3 then you'd have to pay him £750.

in simple terms. reverse the odds of the original bet

I knew it wouldnt be 3-3

Betfair is not a bookmaker
Backing Odds can be better than betting with a bookie (but they take 5% from winnings)
Betfair dont do Antepost betting
Betfair dont accommodate doubles, trebles etc

Duphrates said:

I agree with the above, 100% (if in doubt - stay out!)

However, if you fancy testing yourself for gambling smarts, try this:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a>

(it's the professional gambler aptitude test on OKCupid; it's serious - but it's also fun)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.