Better comeback 2012 v 2022

Better comeback

Votes: 277 79.4%

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
The other factor is that against Villa, City remained on top of the notional table throughout as Liverpool were still drawing 1-1 until after City scored all three goals.

In 2012, United were top of the notional table from the moment QPR equalised right through to the added time winner.

I think yesterdays comeback equalled the QPR game, but it cannot compete with the Aguero goal, 93:20. But a great comeback, we have had a few in my time, don't forget.

Yesterday was about as close as you can get to beating 2012 without beating it.

Scoring two goals in stoppage time and winning it with 40 seconds left of the entire season to beat United of all teams on goal difference and win our first title in 44 years simply cannot ever be topped.

There will never be another scenario where the stakes are that high, the events are that dramatic and the margin between agony and ecstasy is that fine.

Some fans would have been too young to be at the 2012 game or might have become fans since then or unable to get to that game. For them, 2022 will unforgettable too.
I have been thinking that whilst reading through the thread. Little one with his Dad next to me yesterday won't have been born in 2012 - this is his moment to experience that raw emotion of a dramatic win - hope one day he's boring his grandchildren with it.

For myself - yesterday didn't have the same raw emotion of 2012. And with 15 minutes still to play there was plenty of scope for it still to change again. But it was a brilliant comeback from players who kept doing what they are good at even when they were clearly as frustrated and tense as we were. So good to have these moments.

Yesterday was about as close as you can get to beating 2012 without beating it.

Scoring two goals in stoppage time and winning it with 40 seconds left of the entire season to beat United of all teams on goal difference and win our first title in 44 years simply cannot ever be topped.

There will never be another scenario where the stakes are that high, the events are that dramatic and the margin between agony and ecstasy is that fine.
Yep, plus add in the backstory (Banner/Not in my lifetime/8 points behind in April) it just doesn't better 2012

Yesterday was incredible. One of the best days I've had as a City fan, but 2012 was years, decades even, in the making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.