Better comeback 2012 v 2022

Better comeback

Votes: 277 79.4%

Votes: 72 20.6%

• Total voters
Today was incredible it’s like we knew we was going to do it once we got one back also we had time on the clock. 2012 was something else nothing will ever beat that.

No one will ever top 2012. If you're a City fan there's no question it is one of the best days of your life, full stop. Winning your first title in 45 years (I wasn't born when we last won it), against your biggest rivals, with the last kick in the last game of the season when you were losing at 90 minutes takes some beating.

ANY comeback, in any competition will always be measured and compared to ours in 2012. But they will always fall short.

If we hadn’t have won in 2012 the whole project could have de railed. If we’d lost today we’d have come back and won again. It was an incredible game but nowhere near 2012 for me in terms of jeopardy or even ‘comeback’ Both incredible in their own way but 2012 was harder cos they hadn’t won a Prem league before and much more important and I think most would agree once the euphoria of today dies down a bit.

I put 2012 because the context of that win with it being the first, against United and how we clawed back so many points in the run in. That was a team with no 'pedigree' other than a cup win the previous year whereas this team has been through some stuff together.

Although we ended up needing all 3 goals there was no actual point in todays match where we were 2nd in the league. Although we did need 3 goals compared to the 2 against 10 men of QPR so you could argue either way

2012 had more riding on it as our first Premier League and v United and the Ferguson machine. It was pure relief and disbelief, I just sunk into my seat when Agüero scored head in hands.

Today was more emotional for me, pure ecstasy. As another poster said, you just knew we were going to do it when that first one went in. Villa wilted under the pressure.

Not bad for a bunch of leaderless bottling bastards. Up the FFP cheating boys in blue.

2012 as that was the start of our domination,could have went the other way I don’t know if we would have recovered for a few years,today if we lost would have been horrible but we would have come back next season,but it’s unbelievable how there is a sort of symmetry between the two and also 10 years apart ..

Next on Gogglebox is the McDipper family from Formby watching MOTD
9603086-a-group-of-family-members-sitting-at-home-crying-watching-tv.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.