Betting System

salfordblues

A guy was telling me the other day about this betting system which was foolproof:

You go and get a sun newspaper in the morning and read templegate#s tips for that day

Go to the bookies, set yourself an amount you want to win that day for example £100

Lets say the meeting is at aintree, you look at the price of his tip in the first race and say how much will i need to stake in order to win £100 so 5-1 stake £20

so lets say you lose that first race and the price for the second race tip is 5-1 so you stake £20 and includ in that stake your loss from the previous race

and you continue like this throughout the meeting so you have enough money in order that you stake enough on the last tip to win £100 (the target you set at the start of the day)

Now, in reality all you need to do is get one win from each meeting each day. Now Templegate is not the sun tipster for nothing and 1 in 7 is hardly a prolific rate therefore over time you would expect him to get at least 1 each day and if he does then you're up £100

I checked this system out today and for the meetings at Ascot and Bath his tip won within the first two races

He said the key is to walk away once you've got your first winner.

Anyone heard of a similar kind of system? Does it work?

but could you not end up losing alot of money , there are not alot of good priced winners he/they choose its normally odds on or very short prced horses that they pick (and win). the 5 to 1 example thing is bollox mate imho

I can't see this working. It's similar to the roulette method that was posted some weeks ago where you keep staking double on red/black until the first win comes in.

£10 loss
£20 loss
£40 loss
£80 loss
£160 loss

..and so on, and it is easy to get to the above stage. Not uncommon for the colour to spin in 5 times in a row. All you get is your original stake back as a profit, in this case £10!

The ''trick'' is always to walk away when you're winning. On the first day of the Cheltenham festival I was nearly £50 up, but I carried on and ended up losing £25 overall.
If I'd walked away on the first day, i'd have lost all the interest and entertainment of being in on the rest of it.

At the end of the day if you gamble just to make money, you're either a professional or bored.

I used to know a professional gambler. He'd rarely have a bet, but when he did it was thousands on an odds on favourite.

There isn't any system that works because if you just win a few quid and leave, what's the point in playing the game?

modgeblue said:
but could you not end up losing alot of money , there are not alot of good priced winners he/they choose its normally odds on or very short prced horses that they pick (and win). the 5 to 1 example thing is bollox mate imho

well at aintree today the tip that won was 7/1 so i dont think its too far off

and the thing with the stake is you can start at 50p

that way you are not going to be risking as much the stake is isn't really that important its the idea of the law of averages

obviously through variance there's going to be times where there is a long losing streak but overall it should work.

Bluemoon115 said:
mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Wanna beat the bookie?

Don't give him your money.

Why not have a go on the tipster comp. Costs you nothing. ;-)

Just have done.

Now, what prize are you offering?

;-P

Just the virtual trophy and the admiration of your fellow bluemooners.

Although looking at those selections, I doubt that you'll be concerned with prizes of any description. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.