Big Game Players

mrbelfry

Simple question, let's chat - but please refrain from slagging players and/or management

How many of our squad are big game players? In the big games who can be relied to put in a good performance?

mrbelfry said:
Simple question, let's chat - but please refrain from slagging players and/or management

How many of our squad are big game players? In the big games who can be relied to put in a good performance?

Seeing as we have never seen any of them in a big game the, only one that really would fit the bill is Hamann and as we all know as good as he was for the 1st half of last year, he needs to hang his boots up.

Do you mean against the top 4?

If so, I dont think we are a side that we would be up for a physical battle, apart from players like dunne, kompany, zab, richards, I think that why the likes chelsea keep battering us!

If teams try to play football against us, without a real physical game, example, (arsenal) then we hav a good chance of winning, and our flare players will shine, we all know who they are.

I think Hughes is trying to get phyical and talented footballers in.

Difficult to say, all our big games these days revolve around second half of season relegation battle -- so we should find out from now onwards. Trouble is the lack of loyalty these days, if they can't cut it they find ways out of lucrative contracts, make a packet out of the club (managers included) move on for more money or beome TV pundits It's an "old boys" club out there and there's bugger all we can do about it .
You'd expect all international players to be big game players but they don't seem to deliver once they put on the blue shirt (couple of exceptions of course) -are ours up to a relegation scrap?. Seems to me that too many "big names" want the cream but can't cut it for the bread and butter prehaps we should be buying "scrappers" now ready for the inevitable struggle in the second half of this season -and have a rethink on the super stars in the summer. Management will be judged come the end of the season but they've got some motivating to do
mrbelfry said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.