Big Match revisited ITV4 now....

East Level 2 said:
I was there.

So was I as a 16 year old stood at the back of the Kippax thinking I was hard.

Watching with my 21 year old lad and he can't believe we managed to lose it.

Told him we were always typical City

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
That's my Sunday ruined.

Pisses me off no end when I watch us getting beat from 34 years ago. I'd have been 7 back then and I lived for football. My Grandad never went out on a Saturday night if we got beat.

It used to be a top buzz, when you turned up at Maine Road and spotted the TV camera van outside the ground.

the away fans stood in the top end of the kippax by platt lane,they were probably just a couple of friends of family...

Blue Punter said:
That's my Sunday ruined.

Pisses me off no end when I watch us getting beat from 34 years ago. I'd have been 7 back then and I lived for football. My Grandad never went out on a Saturday night if we got beat.

It used to be a top buzz, when you turned up at Maine Road and spotted the TV camera van outside the ground.
Ha ha yeah, used to see the vans and also be buzzing but then realise a couple of seconds later that normally meant we'd get beat whenever we was on the box! Typical City ;)

Blue Punter said:
That's my Sunday ruined.

Think it was a buzz as BBC did 2 games and itv filmed about 5 but only 1 granada team at home so there werent that many City games on .think it was late 80s when all games got filmed

Blue Punter said:
So true, especially if they were BBC ones as it meant a Maine Road game was on Match of the Day, which happened as lot less frequently than Granada's Kick Off.

I reckon no more than 2-3 Maine Road games a season were on MOTD back then. Another world really, when you think about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.