Big shout out to Gareth Barry

Don't have a bad word for Barry... when his name is mentioned on the opposition team sheet I'll still applaud him.

He grafted for us and we miss a player like him in our current setup.

To appreciate GB you need to be at the game to see what he does off the ball. TV follows the ball in general and does him a disservice.

Heard this said many times when he's being spoken about,I remember watching him very closely a few games,when nowhere near the ball,and his positional play was immense,a proper reader of the game,like you say a lot that doesn't get seen on telly,as it follows the ball all the time.........can't forget his fuck up at Southampton though for us a few years back.....dick !!

Heard this said many times when he's being spoken about,I remember watching him very closely a few games,when nowhere near the ball,and his positional play was immense,a proper reader of the game,like you say a lot that doesn't get seen on telly,as it follows the ball all the time.........can't forget his fuck up at Southampton though for us a few years back.....dick !!
Strange thing with him when with us was you could tell after 2 mins of a game if he was going to have a really shit one.

Top bloke and a great player when he was here, but I thought he looked his age last night. The game was far too quick for him and he couldn't cope, a lot like Yaya when we come up against high tempo teams. At his peak though he would have been the perfect Pep type player, the only English player I can think of who might have been able to play that Busquets role.

Crying shame that he didn't get more england caps because managers were too busy trying to play Lamps and Gerrard in the same midfield.

I always get the feeling he was slightly bitter about being moved on from City. I was quite surprised at how slim he looked last night, very lean looking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.