Biggest bellend in football (with no connections to United or Liverpool)

Behave! I don't think that is accurate at all. I would call it an urban accent plus a stereotypical footballisms, e.g. use of "done" instead of did, other instances of inaccurate grammar, and daft use of multiples "tottenhams, liverpools .."

He is from Coventry, not Leicester.

Old video but best example of an urban accent is Multicultural London English (MLE), Coventry has a large immigrant demographic so not surprising to see similar phenomenon there.

Interestimg video - that MLE is prevelent among a lot of the newer talk sport presenters

Which article? He's largely been the one journalist willing to defend City.

MARTIN SAMUEL: After Leipzig and Man City defeats, Manchester United have finally won a 'cup final' this season at the third time of asking... while Liverpool look understandably tired after completing feats of endurance for three years

MARTIN SAMUEL: After Leipzig and Man City defeats, Manchester United have finally won a 'cup final' this season at the third time of asking... while Liverpool look understandably tired after completing feats of endurance for three years
Nothing wrong with that article. Samuel is making the point that United have failed in their two previous big tests this season and have now won one against an under-strength and under-performing Liverpool side.

He is correct that Ole seems to be getting a tune out of United by finding a strategy that suits their strengths. The best journalist currently writing and he should be treasured for his willingness to not toe the media party line.
I do not expect him to be a City fan boy - just fair and objective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.