Biggest bellend in football (with no connections to United or Liverpool)

It was an absolute travesty that Motson got any matches ahead of the great Barry Davies who knew the value of words and didn't waste them. Barry Davies could capture the moment brilliantly even with simple words or an exclamation. Motson wasn't in the same league as Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Gerald Sinstadt, David Coleman or Hugh John's - five great commentators in that one era.

It was an absolute travesty that Motson got any matches ahead of the great Barry Davies who knew the value of words and didn't waste them. Barry Davies could capture the moment brilliantly even with simple words or an exclamation. Motson wasn't in the same league as Barry Davies, Brian Moore, Gerald Sinstadt, David Coleman or Hugh John's - five great commentators in that one era.

Barry Davies will always be number 1 for me, not just a great football commentator but voice of the Olympics Games too.

I always thought I was alone in thinking Motson was the worst commentator on telly. Never, ever liked him. He was an 'institution'..... that's Britspeak for someone way past their best and stealing a living, normally on the BBC.
He annoyed me, but I think it's because he was the commentator on the World Cup 98 game, and he used to say the same thing over and over again.

It's amazing that videogames are still shit at commentary.

Barry Davies will always be number 1 for me, not just a great football commentator but voice of the Olympics Games too.
Yep, Motson really leaned into the ‘what a character’ thing, probably led by Baddiel and Skinner and their mate Statto. His increasingly tiresome cult of personality became more valued than the gravitas and sheer ability that a wordsmith like Davies offered

Yep, Motson really leaned into the ‘what a character’ thing, probably led by Baddiel and Skinner and their mate Statto. His increasingly tiresome cult of personality became more valued than the gravitas and sheer ability that a wordsmith like Davies offered
I'm sure there's a story he had a strop and threatened to leave the BBC when they told him Davis was doing a World Cup final?

Huge Ones ! He used to say one nothing Villa when it was three three !

Motson is the epitomy everything the BBC  think people want to hear.- squeaky clean, non-controversial, safe. In reality he was dull, repetitive, full of clichés (even if they aren't true), an inane stats bore who stated the obvious except when didn't have the guts to call out racism - unlike Gerald Sinstadt.

Motson is so full of himself and I don't doubt for a moment that his poor behaviour towards people off mike, his preciousness and threats to the BBC unless he got his own way on Finals happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.