Biggest flop at Euro 2016?

Big Swifty

Watching Ronaldo last night, I wondered if he has been the biggest disappointment in this competition, and if not, then who has?
I don't mean the worst player, I mean the one with the highest profile but who has not lived up to his expectations or publicity, or media hype.
Ibrahimovic didn't pull up any trees, but he was with a crap team. England, I fear, had several.

Which others spring to mind?

None of those that the broadcasters bigged up lived up to the expectations.

The way ITV were praising Ronaldo for his repeated failures but 'keeping going' was sickly last night. Even his air shot in front of goal .

Without a shadow of a doubt, Harry Kane. Considering his supposed value of 60+ million and his record in the league, he contributed absolutely nothing. In fact, he was a hindrance.

I've expected a lot more from a lot of players. But I dont think it has been helped by the new format. Having the extra 3rd placed team thing, meant teams could play conservatively and not have to win ala Portugal.

Biggest disappointments for me have been

Muller and Lewankdowski (Despite the goal last night, expected more)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.