Biggest flop at Euro 2016?

You can't name Bale, Ronaldo or Pogba without mentioning KdB, Hazard, and I would put Hart in that same class. But these were imo not the biggest flops. Ibrahimovitch, Lewandowski and Müller the top 3, with the former the one who got the award for hardly performing and showing he was not impressed by his teammates.

The City-players all underperformed except for Sagna who did what he has been doing all season: Not spectacular, but very consistent and reliable.

Muller was awful, offered absolutely nothing and needs a striker around him in order to excel. Lewandowski showed some decent touches, wouldn't say he was a flop though by his standards he was poor. Bale was class, not sure why people have mentioned him. He had Ramsay as an equal but he was running 40-50 yards each time he got the ball, he was spraying passes left, right and centre and though he had an awful spell when Wales were chasing the game v Portugal he'd been carrying them in every game until then.

I didn't think Ronaldo did much but Portugal were so dross it was easy to mark him out of the game at times and he still can go home with a decent goal/assist return.

Pogba for me was the biggest flop. Home tournament, transfer rumour mill pegs him down as World's most expensive player (on the basis no one can sign Messi or Ronaldo). One of the brightest talents in the world apparently yet did fuck all. He could pass sideways but showed none of the drive or talent that has made people on here talk of him as the next Yaya Toure. Sissoko was showing more of those attributes. Yes he was clever with France's second v Germany but that was all he did. Looks nowhere near that fee being mentioned.

Kroos on the other hand. I'm a spoilt brat these days and though we're linked with some great talents, signing him would just be epic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.