Biggest, Most Important home match in City’s history?

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
I’m putting it out there that this Wednesday night’s 2nd leg semi final v Real Madrid is exactly that - the biggest game we’ve ever played at home and I’ll tell you why:
It is our first ever chance to get to the Champions’ League Final by playing at home. It sets up an eminently winnable final and gives the club a platform to go stratospheric in terms of world-wide publicity and status. It’s a chance to edge ever closer to a once-in-a-lifetime shot at winning the treble. So there you have it, it’s the biggest ever home match we’ve ever had and we truly are privileged as supporters to be able to witness it. Let’s do it justice and get behind the team like never before. COME ON CITY!!!

giphy.gif

I’m putting it out there that this Wednesday night’s 2nd leg semi final v Real Madrid is exactly that - the biggest game we’ve ever played at home and I’ll tell you why:
It is our first ever chance to get to the Champions’ League Final by playing at home. It sets up an eminently winnable final and gives the club a platform to go stratospheric in terms of world-wide publicity and status. It’s a chance to edge ever closer to a once-in-a-lifetime shot at winning the treble. So there you have it, it’s the biggest ever home match we’ve ever had and we truly are privileged as supporters to be able to witness it. Let’s do it justice and get behind the team like never before. COME ON CITY!!!
Its not our first chance to get to the champs league final by playing at home, we did that two years ago, however i am being a bit of a pedant, covid restrictions meant playing in a empty stadium, this obviously feels like a much bigger occasion.

Yes, I think it possibly is. It obviously depends on your definition of “big” but I’d say in terms of the potential reward and the profile of the game it is the biggest game at the Etihad.

It is right up there.

Luton was a big game and we messed it up. Set us back years that relegation.

United at home in the Aguero year was huge. We had to win.

QPR obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.