Billy Sharp

SUPA SKUNK said:
Respect. Hope he didn't get booked for this tho?

No booking - referee Darren Deadman (unfortunate name in circumstances) deserves credit for using common sense in the matter.

Saunders said afterwards that he knows the details and what they have been through is worse than can be imagined.....

Thoughts to him and his girlfriend - awful thing to happen to anyone

oakiecokie said:
21 years ago and we lost our son Matthew,who was only seven days old and the trauma was and has never been moreso.
My heart goes out to Billy Sharp and his family,but I`ve no idea as to how he could have played football.
Please that is not a condemnation of him,as we all grieve in our own ways,but it must have been so difficult for him.
The loss of any child is one I wish on nobody.
We lost a little girl in similar circumstances to Sharp 22 years ago and I know how crushed I felt. How he found the will and energy to step onto a football field I simply don't know. It's a tremendous tribute to the human spirit.

cantona01 said:
SUPA SKUNK said:
Respect. Hope he didn't get booked for this tho?

No booking - referee Darren Deadman (unfortunate name in circumstances) deserves credit for using common sense in the matter.

Saunders said afterwards that he knows the details and what they have been through is worse than can be imagined.....

Thoughts to him and his girlfriend - awful thing to happen to anyone

Fair play to the referee, when Billy ran off towards the corner the ref turned and sprinted to the opposite side of the pitch where he remained facing the crowd until the players had returned to the centre circle.
Really felt for Billy last night (still do) how he didn't break down is beyond me.
Model Proffesional & credit to his family.
Rovers fans are looking into an appropriate way of celebrating the poor little lads short life suggestions so far include a Luey Sharp Memorial trophy to be given to the clubs top scorer every season, A half Rovers half Sheff Utd (Billy's favourite team) shirt flag with Luey on the back to be displayed at games & a yearly friendly with Sheff Utd with proceeds going to the hospice where Luey was.

Prestwich_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
21 years ago and we lost our son Matthew,who was only seven days old and the trauma was and has never been moreso.
My heart goes out to Billy Sharp and his family,but I`ve no idea as to how he could have played football.
Please that is not a condemnation of him,as we all grieve in our own ways,but it must have been so difficult for him.
We lost a little girl in similar circumstances to Sharp 22 years ago and I know how crushed I felt. How he found the will and energy to step onto a football field I simply don't know. It's a tremendous tribute to the human spirit.
A horrendous loss no doubt. I was just wanting to ask you both what did you make of the decision to have a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence? Just seemed strange to me to have an applause, would have felt it was more proper and powerful to have a minutes silence. As I said, not criticising in any way their decision, just wondered what you thought of it?

As a Father I could not imagine what the horror of losing a child must be like, I could not think of anything worse. Respect to him for playing.

weejh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
A horrendous loss no doubt. I was just wanting to ask you both what did you make of the decision to have a minutes applause rather than a minutes silence? Just seemed strange to me to have an applause, would have felt it was more proper and powerful to have a minutes silence. As I said, not criticising in any way their decision, just wondered what you thought of it?

i think it's better in that case because it allows Sharp to feel more upbeat and supported and motivated with applause and tha backing of the fans and his teammates.

a lonely albeit thoughtful quiet silence would just lead to pondering and would have had the opposite effect imo.

i think for some people the applause would have been as much for the way Sharp has conducted himself and in support for him as for remembering the kid.

Cheers JMW. I thought it may have been strange, but understand why they did it now

Prestwich_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:

It certainly is PB and nothing can prepare you for this type of shock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.