Birthday cards

I always use Moonpig for close friends and family. I think I am a better judge of their sense of humour or appreciation of words than Hallmark or whoever. It is easy to edit and personalise and the card usually comes the next working day with a free additional envelope, and compared to some shops the prices are reasonable.

Hate them. Do we send letters to our friends or family? No we can use electronic means now so why can’t birthday, xmas wishes be done the same way
I think it's just the lazy option clicking a few buttons rather than making the effort to sign and send a nice personal card but each to their own. I don't bother with Christmas (or other event) cards, just birthdays.

A hand written, personalized note might be considered antiquated in an era of nanosecond electronic communications, but it says so much more about who you are and how you feel about the person to spend more than a few last minute clicks on a special occasion. Indeed, the mere expression of forethought in writing something and sending it to them a week before the event is a statement of caring.

Conversely, of course, if that care and respect doesn’t exist, send the text and be done, but realize that it says more about you than you might have intended…and you might even be fine with that, too.

For me, if the person is meaningful enough in my life that we exchange thoughts and/or gifts on special occasions, I want to ensure I acknowledge that special occasion with a scintilla of effort. It only adds to the sentiment shared.

Big waste of money! Some of the “Hallmark Holiday” cards are approaching $10, because they think they’ve got you over a barrel!

If you have to send a card, find a blank note card and write something decent in it. After all, isn’t that what the card is about, the sentiments?
That was my point. There were no blank cards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.