bishops blaize...woonys goal

malg said:
You mock, but that's the reason why they are the club they are. Without the fan base overseas they'd be skint. Rooney's goal will be worth millions in DVD and replica photo sales. Can you even begin to think of how many framed pictures of the split frame variety with Rooney on the left executing the overhead kick, and then the right hand picture of his celebration? Yep, worth a fucking fortune to them.

As for all foreign fans being Rags, well they're bound to be. I bet most Brit NBA fans are of the Lakers variety, most NFL fans will probably follow the big franchise teams, and the same with baseball. It's just how things are. You'll find a lot of the older fans in the far east will have been Liverpool fans, but I would bet they've changed affiliation over the last 15-20 years.
Spot on. If I were to go to the States and wanted to take in a sporting fixture, the natural thing is to go to one you are familiar with the name of, because the logic is that famous name will be the 'best' team to watch. No different with the rags and as you rightly say, Liverpool before them. I do wonder what our hardcore fan base will think of the fans who attach themselves to us, should we be the next big name in the game. Personally I couldn't care less. I support City so if anyone else wants to, whether they be from Beswick or Bangkok, so be it. Its all money into our club at the end of the day.

hehe ........

accordin' to rags in this country City are unheard of in the far east (which we all know is a load of bollux)

and yet a bunch of their own far eastern fans start that video off by singing a crappy bonfire song with our name in it!

You couldn't make it up , could you?

Who's that big fat ugly fucker in that rag shirt on the video?

i think the bird with the glasses at the end was a blue as she didn't join in and then stormed off probably to kick some rag ass

LoveCity said:
If I ever found a young foreign fan who supported a team like Villa, Blackburn, or Wolves I'd go and shake his hand for having the guts to support a team based on some deeper connection than latching on to glory (or the potential of). These glory-hunting fans really make me laugh, they are as plastic as the club they support.

Indeed, It's pathetic as it gets in my opinion.

malg said:
You mock, but that's the reason why they are the club they are. Without the fan base overseas they'd be skint. Rooney's goal will be worth millions in DVD and replica photo sales. Can you even begin to think of how many framed pictures of the split frame variety with Rooney on the left executing the overhead kick, and then the right hand picture of his celebration? Yep, worth a fucking fortune to them.

As for all foreign fans being Rags, well they're bound to be. I bet most Brit NBA fans are of the Lakers variety, most NFL fans will probably follow the big franchise teams, and the same with baseball. It's just how things are. You'll find a lot of the older fans in the far east will have been Liverpool fans, but I would bet they've changed affiliation over the last 15-20 years.

The thing is (I know I've said this before) I used to be good at basketball and liked the sport as a spectator also. In this country basketball is a bit pathetic so I used to watch the NBA shit loads. Michael Jordan was my hero (I think he's the greatest sportsman ever, he was better at basketball than anyone you could mention has ever been at any sport) but in no way shape or form was I a Chicago Bulls supporter, nor a fan of any other team.

I really like rugby league. Rugby league in Australia is better than it is here in England, the NRL is the best league in the world. There are four or five English players playing over there. One is Sam Burgess who plays for the Russell Crow owned most successful team in the history of Aussie rugby, Sydney Rabbitohs. Not one little part of me feels the need to become a Rabbits supporter even though my namesake Burgess is my favourite rugby league player.

I don't even feel like a proper Warrington Wolves fan even though I lived in Warrington for three years and used to work for the club. They are the club I'd say I like more than any other team, but as a none-Warringtonian I don't feel I'm a proper fan.

Now I'm not saying that nobody outside a ten mile radius of Greater Manchester should support City. I'm sure there's some top blues around the world who have been there with us through the hard times. But what fuckin reason do fans who'd never had a second thought about us ten years ago or possibly never heard of us even a few years ago have in latching themselves onto us when we start winning trophies? To get some reflected glory into their shit lives or summet? If fans are gonna support us support us for the right reasons not just because we will start winning things which is arguably exactly what 90% of United's fan base do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.