Black football managers .. where are they?

This really winds me up, especially when Ince comes out with it every couple of months.

In England the population of black people is 2.7%. In the football league there are 2 black managers i think, Ince at Notts County and Powell at Charlton, that is 2.17% of managers in the top four divisions.

What does he want? 50/50?

WNRH said:
This really winds me up, especially when Ince comes out with it every couple of months.

In England the population of black people is 2.7%. In the football league there are 2 black managers i think, Ince at Notts County and Powell at Charlton, that is 2.17% of managers in the top four divisions.

Could be argued that the percentage of black players in game is probably about 20% though..

bored at work said:
WNRH said:

Could be argued that the percentage of black players in game is probably about 20% though..

Playing though and alot of them are from overseas.

first question assumes that there is something wrong or underhand with the percentage.

agree with the above poster that if a manager is good enough he'll get the job. i personally wouldn't mind paddy vieira being moulded by bobby manc to take over in about 5-10 years.

Black players in football is only a smallish percentage once more retire and get their badges ect it will become more common. I don't agree with it being anything to do with race just simple law of averages.

Bluemoon115 said:
If that's for a dissertation he won't score top marks as the questions are from a point of bias, ie he has already made his mind up that there is a problem.

I noticed that too, sounded like he had already chosen and wanted you to agree with him.

bored at work said:
I really don't think there is anything in this - race is an easy card to play. If somebody is good enough then they'll get the position regardless of skin colour in British football today.
If Ruud Gullit could be appointed manager of Newcastle united in 1998 (with its proper old school tie board and none too ethnically diverse city) and equally John Barnes at Celtic - then a black manager could be appointed at any club in the UK

is the right answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.