Black Ice

bluearmy71

Just had a crash this morning how bad is shock i was shaking like a leaf,light headed,felt sick,white as a ghost,cold sweat and couldn't think or talk properly.(Thought someone was in side it)
Luckily i crashed into a parked car so there was no one in it and only me injured (bloody back) their car is fine i went into the back corner mine is a write off. I went over black ice and the car just accelerated forward and i had no time to do anything but shit a brick.

Just a word of warning don't go down side streets stick to main routes the council are not gritting any roads by the look off it if you do drive very very slowly and be very careful.

Off too the fecking hospital soon if my back doesn't get any better paracetamol aint working.Just thought i would tell everyone so that you all know i dread to think how bad it could of been if i went into anyone on the pavement or someone was in the car.

Please take care.

Sorry to hear that, don't think the weather is quite as bad up here but there's still alot of people driving as normal and the roads are very slippy away from the main routes. I thought I had it bad falling on my arse twice on the way to the dentist, like walking on ice out there.

Aye , sounds like your in shock a bit there too , best go to the hossie and get checked out , shocks a funny thing and best not left to chance

clairepartyring said:
Hope your ok bluearmy.

FREEZING Temperatures in Liverpool this morning.

Reports say it was so cold, a Scouser was seen with his hands in his OWN pockets !!!
LOL nice one

Hope your ok bluearmy71, similar thing happened to me this morning.

Drove into the works carpark, could see that someone was walking across the car park slowly - as not to slip on the ice, so I slowed down. Went to turn my car into the space - hit a section of black ice and my car went skidding into one of my colleagues car's (thankfully he was not in the car) Not some shitty old banger - oh no - but a sparkly new 08 plate jag!

The guy whose car it is - came out and looked at it - and I have damaged the wheel arch area - AND - the driver door............. As it is a company car - he isn't worried - as he knows it will get sorted by them. I got really angry - with myself, that I didn't stop the car - and even though I know I couldn't help it.

Phoned and spoke with my car insurance company - and as there is no damage to my car - I won't have to pay any excess - which I'm thankful It's still a horrible feeling - but at least I didn't hurt anything - apart from my pride!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.