Blackburn Fan in Peace

good start by city, but the midfield got out of shape in the first half. blackburn were free to attack time after time, luckily shay was in good form, and the defenders coped as well as could be expected. I thought in the second half we bossed it, and thoroughly deserved to win. Blackburn are missing a clever player or two. Benny Mac and Pedersen looked a bit dull. Warnock was excellent, however.

coulsonblue said:
Well I didn't go, but watched the whole 90minutes so can I reply?

I thought that 2nd half we settled down better, and over the course of the game managed to withstand the long balls and did reasonably well. Not a result to make us say yes we will win the league, but enough to suggest we can finish 4th ahead of Arsenal if we can win away like that. At home we will be world beaters with the team we now have, we were brilliant at home last season anyway.

In terms of yourselves, you won't finish any lower than 15th playing like that. Especially at home.

Not necessarily
If the opposition has big blokes who can take an ariel bombardment (as do most of the lower Prem teams, stoke etc) Blackburn will find it tough.

blueinsa said:
Rovers1995 said:
Blackburn fan in peace here, I would just like to hear what you really think about the game today. Honestly. I'll wait for those that went to the game to respond, as they are the fans who can give an honest opinion.

Only one team was trying to play football mate and if i had to watch a Fat Sam team, week in week out, i would top myself i think!

You lot should get rid of him fast!

HOOOOOOF!!!
I don't always agree with your views "blue" (particularly re. our manager!), but you are spot on here. I watched the game today and, in a way, I feel sorry for the Rovers fans. Having to watch that type of "football" week in week out would drive me even more crackers than I already am! They seem to have the one tactic; the long punt into the box. It's awful to watch. If that Rovers fan is still around; honestly, what do you think of your team's tactics?

Rovers1995 said:
Thanks for your honesty, over 22000 of us Rovers were there to see us have more chances than you. :P
I think you need one or two more defenders and a season of bettering where you were last year will be good for you. I don't think you will break into the big 4 YET. What did you think about Rovers? It wasn't as easy as you thought it would be. And like I posted yeaterday, I knew that Rovers wouldn't kick you or resort to dirty tactics.

When we get all of our players back (that are all first teamers), Nelsen, Dunn, Grella,Reid and Emerton, we will play the passing game. Don't worry about that.

I never thought it would be easy (no prem match ever is) City do try to play football, and to be fair to Fat Sam his tactics kind of work over the season, you won't get relegated I don't think, but I don't know how you can bear to watch all that hoofing and long ball stuff, it's like watching a lower league side

As i've already said, when we get our injured 5 first teamers back, we will play the passing game. In truth I'd rather the passing game obviously but as long as we win more matches and get more points on the boards then other teams, I'll be happy.

Rovers1995 said:
As i've already said, when we get our injured 5 first teamers back, we will play the passing game. In truth I'd rather the passing game obviously but as long as we win more matches and get more points on the boards then other teams, I'll be happy.

Well time will tell, but I've never seen an Allardyce team that passes the ball around.

It's going to be a strange one at the bottom of the league this season with Stoke, Hull, Burnley, Blackburn, Wolves, Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan and Birmingham all fighting to avoid the drop.
Kin el, that's half the league.

Bastard Rovers = kick and rush percentage football

a poor man's Stoke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.