Blame It On Bellers

I did see an article in one of the Sundays where Mancini was quoted as saying something about playing safe and settling for a point, when asked if they'd talked about guarding against a last minute goal.

It's an interesting one; on the one hand Mancini is happy for the players to take the safe option and grab a point yet Bellamy goes for the killer pass because he sees there's a chance of winning. And the rags certainly weren't happy to settle for a point when they got possession back.

So who's right and who's wrong?

He had space and instead of running the ball out like your taught at an early age and head for the corner flag! he has the pace and instead he attepted a ball that was never in a million years on the cards they cut it out and the rest is to painful

So it was his fault in my opinion it was tiredness idolness what ever you wanna call it but it was his fault

Dont get me wrong Im a bellamy fan but he dropped the cod unfortunatly

Blaming Bellamy for trying to win the game?

Its the defence's fault, 2 runs and it cuts our centre-backs in half.

blueplan said:
Sorry guys. Have a look at the video. Bellers inerrant pass initiated a cascade of defensive errors.
http://asiaplatetv.com/goal.php?id=...e&home=Manchester City&away=Manchester United

1. At 92:37 Barry had Scholes covered with Ireland positioned at top of box in case of Evra cutting in.
2. Barry decided to go after Giggs who acted as a decoy. By then Ireland was too far away from Scholes to make up the distance
3. All the while, watch Bellamy strolling instead of relieving Bridge from guarding Nani..
4. Bridge should then have covered Berbaflop freeing Kompany.

Question is did Barry made the right choice going after Giggs instead of leaving it to Kolo. Noting that Ireland was blindsided by Scholes run & Barry's decision to go for Giggs.

A truism in football is that when someone makes a boo boo by giving the ball away, he has to make every effort to recover it or to ensure his error doesn't come back to bite his arse. Did Bellamy?

All of us want to win. So do Mancini with his lineup & substitutions.
We had 7 corner kicks, 'none of them were converted. Its supposed to be our forte. We never had a sniff'. Because the corner kicks were 'badly taken'.

But all of us do not want United to win at all. That would be the bitterest pill to swallow.
man_utd_blog_ap.jpg

Watch the video again especially Beller's stroll and Nani
http://asiaplatetv.com/goal.php?id=...e&home=Manchester City&away=Manchester United

Was there any urgency, passion or sense of responsibility by Bellamy to defend?

Prestwich_Blue said:
I did see an article in one of the Sundays where Mancini was quoted as saying something about playing safe and settling for a point, when asked if they'd talked about guarding against a last minute goal.

It's an interesting one; on the one hand Mancini is happy for the players to take the safe option and grab a point yet Bellamy goes for the killer pass because he sees there's a chance of winning. And the rags certainly weren't happy to settle for a point when they got possession back.

So who's right and who's wrong?
When you put it like that! and I hate to say it but the "Manager" Bellers was knackered in the last 10 mins should have gone off and we played for a draw.
Fergie won with his tactics on the day.

mcfc_die_hard said:
it was his fault he stupidly gave the ball away and then they scored

Think you should look at Nedders !! Where was he when Evra made the telling cross for the goal ?? After all he is our right full back !!
NOT a blue shirt within 10/15 yards of Evra.
And the answer is NO before you ask.I am a massive fan of Nedum and probably the only thing he did wrong in the entire match.UNFORTUNATELY.
Just as Carlos needlessly gave the ball away in the dying seconds at OT for their 4th goal,we need all players to concentrate for 90 -98 minutes and not fookin`switch off at the death !!!!!

oakiecokie said:
mcfc_die_hard said:
it was his fault he stupidly gave the ball away and then they scored

Think you should look at Nedders !! Where was he when Evra made the telling cross for the goal ?? After all he is our right full back !!
NOT a blue shirt within 10/15 yards of Evra.
And the answer is NO before you ask.I am a massive fan of Nedum and probably the only thing he did wrong in the entire match.UNFORTUNATELY.
Just as Carlos needlessly gave the ball away in the dying seconds at OT for their 4th goal,we need all players to concentrate for 90 -98 minutes and not fookin`switch off at the death !!!!!

sorry mate but bellers gave that ball away when he had acres of space to run in. they picked it up and scored its as simple as that

When you've been kicked in the bollocks in the last minute of injury time twice in one season you do NOT try a stupid cross field ball in that situation. You run in out and let the defence push out behind you. The only reason Scholes was in the box was due to the fact United were still pushed so far up from the last attack.

Totally Bellamys fault.

I love him but like most footballers he's thick as f**k.

Stevie was the main culprit for me, however the way SWP refused to track back once we had lost possession left us really open on that right hand side....."mugged off" we where the ones gettin mugged off there Shaun,,tell that ya ole man !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.