Blatter's views on racism.... from BBC

halfcenturyup

Racism between players should be settled by a handshake, according to breaking news on BBC now ......<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 am --<br /><br />Fifa president Sepp Blatter has said football does not have a problem with racism, and believes any incidents should be settled by a handshake.

The Football Association is currently investigating Chelsea's John Terry, and has charged Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, over alleged racist remarks.

"There is no racism, but maybe there is a word or gesture which is not the correct one," he told CNN World Sport.

"The one affected by this should say this is a game and shake hands."

The 75-year-old's comments provoked immediate reaction, with England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand tweeting: "Tell me I have just read Sepp Blatter's comments on racism in football wrong....if not then I am astonished."

The sooner this fucking toss pot retires/dies the better, he's an embarrassment. For him to be the most poweful person in the most popular sport in the world is just incredible.

I think what he's trying to say is that although players may say racist things, a lot of hurtful things can be uttered in the heat of the moment. Although Suarez may have said something racist to Evra, Blatter seems to feel that Suarez isn't a racist through and through, for example.

He's still a headcase for saying that there's no problem with racism in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.