Bloody Journo's....

the blue panther

In the football pull out section of the times today, page 11, it's got a list of the top 10 prem goal scorers.
Berbatov and Malouda at the top with 6 each, then it goes all the way down Scott Parker with 2.
Guess which Argentinian player/goal scorer isn't there in the list at all, despite the fact that he should be midway in it?

Correctamundo!!

I just checked the official site to make sure that he had been credited with 2 against Liverpool, and he has.

I suppose we just have to be glad that we're in their premier league table at all. Feckin' annoyin'!!

talking of journos, the write up on football365 had me absolutely seething. Even when we're in the "Winners" section they can't give us any credit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8742_6386749,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 49,00.html</a>

Just 1 persons view who probably didnt even watch the game.
No mention of players missing, a shocking pitch and weather conditions and how we stopped them having 1 attempt on target.

Manchester City
Up to fourth but will City be able to go forth if they continue to play like this? Roberto Mancini continues to field at least one defensive midfielder too many and Sheikh Mansour hardly seems to be receiving good value on his investment when it adds up to just a single striker.

City's over-reliance on Tevez was evident once again during an utterly unconvincing victory at Wigan - "We created Manchester City's best chances," acknowledged Roberto Martinez - and the ongoing disappointment of the blue revolution is that it remains so colourless

hertsblue said:
Just 1 persons view who probably didnt even watch the game.
No mention of players missing, a shocking pitch and weather conditions and how we stopped them having 1 attempt on target.

Manchester City
Up to fourth but will City be able to go forth if they continue to play like this? Roberto Mancini continues to field at least one defensive midfielder too many and Sheikh Mansour hardly seems to be receiving good value on his investment when it adds up to just a single striker.

City's over-reliance on Tevez was evident once again during an utterly unconvincing victory at Wigan - "We created Manchester City's best chances," acknowledged Roberto Martinez - and the ongoing disappointment of the blue revolution is that it remains so colourless

I wrote this letter to their mailbox:

Having read Pete Gill's "Winners & Losers" section I was left with one thought: Why did Manchester City appear in the Winners section? There was nothing in the write-up that suggests they deserve to be praised. I mean, it's not like they went and won against a team determined to kick them to pieces on the worst excuse for a pitch I've ever seen. Oh, we were "utterly unconvincing"? It was as professional a performance as you're likely to see, securing the victory with little fanfare and with absolutely no danger of conceding. Any other top team would be praised for getting the job done, but when City do the same it's a stick to beat them with.

Let's clear up a few things that Mr Gill and every other hack in the sports journalism business seem to constantly misinterpret. The "defensive midfielders" thing: we have one defensive midfielder (Nigel De Jong) and two central midfielders, who are more concerned with passing the ball around and maintaining possession than making crunching tackles. Remind me, how many "attacking midfielders" do Chelsea play every week? And whilst on the subject, how many "strikers" do they play with? Well, I suppose Drogba is their centre forward, then they have wing play supported by the 3 man midfield behind them. So one. Now, which other team with billionaire owners does that remind you of? The difference between the 2 sides is that Chelsea press forwards far more, but that's because they have years of understanding and we have weeks, but that should come in time. Especially when we get our two attacking fullbacks and monstrously powerful and pacy forward back from injury. I'm sure I can think of another team that would struggle without theirs.

I'm sick of getting on the tin hat whenever Man City are discussed, but when every media outlet builds their analysis around inherited wisdom it's difficult not to feel paranoid. I hope that victory against the big dogs next weekend gives you some idea of how far we have progressed.

Of which they printed

Having read Pete Gill's "Winners & Losers" section I was left with one thought: Why did Manchester City appear in the Winners section?

And the reply

Because they won - MC.

Useless site tbh. Only go on there to laugh at some of the letters from deluded fans, wouldnt even register with them to post myself.

Funny reading the pool fans whine there though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.