Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

Absolutely disgraceful, having spent a lot of time in the province I have always believed we had to be whiter than white and to do things the right way.
Many things in this decision are so wrong, the guys on the ground should not be prosecuted, if anybody should it should be the commanders. I have always believed the Parachute Regiment were the wrong regiment to send at that time, trained to be aggressive shock troops with inadequate training for the situation they found themselves in, what did they expect when confronted with an aggressive crowd? Shots were heard by the soldiers and they reacted, wrong? Maybe but unless you have been in that situation don’t judge.

ee3684b9f95e45a381bfa9c7a2436946.jpg

If that isn't an inflammatory Thread title then what is?

They'll be no proper debate on here. Just people sporting their Anti Irish pro British views.

Absolutely disgraceful, having spent a lot of time in the province I have always believed we had to be whiter than white and to do things the right way.
Many things in this decision are so wrong, the guys on the ground should not be prosecuted, if anybody should it should be the commanders. I have always believed the Parachute Regiment were the wrong regiment to send at that time, trained to be aggressive shock troops with inadequate training for the situation they found themselves in, what did they expect when confronted with an aggressive crowd? Shots were heard by the soldiers and they reacted, wrong? Maybe but unless you have been in that situation don’t judge.

ee3684b9f95e45a381bfa9c7a2436946.jpg
Agreed, 14 (?)different soldiers firing over 100 live rounds into a crowd of unarmed civilians doesn't happen without orders from above. I think we'd all rather see the commanders in the dock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.