Blue Alliance name dropped and what happens next

wearethesouthstand

ok an update on the blue alliance, not a major shock, the lads who started this group have now retired the name as they feel the atmosphere project has gone as far as it can go in that form

we feel we can get even bigger and achieve even more by reaching outward to other blues & after internal discussions it was felt that some blues might be put off joining because the group "had a name" and that in itself presented a them & us conundrum in the eyes of certain people

in reality nothings changed although felix and liam themselves are taking a backseat the blue alliance membership remains intact because the membership is the city centre branch and the city centre branch just carries on as normal

the blue alliance name was kept on because the club preferred to deal with a separate entity to just a branch as they didn't want to be seen to be showing any kind of favouritism to one branch over others

so the separate entity / atmosphere group is now the citycentre branch, cm11 have joined and after discussions with ric from bluemoon and kev parker we are now working closer with bluemoon itself and the mcfcsc so it's a bigger group

we have flag days arranged for leeds in the cup and chelsea and towards the end of the season we hope to try and facilitate the movement of singers to the back of blocks in the south stand where possible

ric sees bluemoon as a sounding board but not organising meetings. if we put £200 quid down for a flag day and an appeal goes out on bluemoon for ideas and donations and people are matching that then naturally more people are going to have a say and it will just get bigger and bigger

with the mcfcsc what we have agreed is that for league cup home games next year branches will be able to put requests in for anyone to join up in one big singing block and that way we could have hundreds in a block and make a difference

the club likes dealing with tba because if we say give us some seats we enure we know who has the tickets and we ensure smoke bombs fireworks don't go in, we work WITH the club, so they (peter fletcher and his team) want to see a continuation of that

this will evolve and evolve but we're carrying on without a name for now as we want people to slowly get involved. ric will shortly open a se[arate atmosphere forum on here and all atmosphere stuff can go in one place and be monitored properly

Shame about TBA lads as they made a massive contribution to certain games last year. I honestly hope things can pick up from here onwards, I will contribute as much as I can, I sang every time a song started today, and I do every week (from 212) will look forward to the new thread.

Keep the good work up

The flags at the Watford game were a good effort - my brother has got a flag at home now thanks to that, and I'll have to make sure he brings it for the Leeds game

wearethesouthstand said:
with the mcfcsc what we have agreed is that for league cup home games next year branches will be able to put requests in for anyone to join up in one big singing block and that way we could have hundreds in a block and make a difference

The Blue Alliance have been great for awhile in getting atmosphere going. Myself I did find some members of the group rather tribal and had conflict with them :(

From my understanding this new system would allow members of OSC branches from all over the show to put requests in to "be a part of it"
Which can only mean more positive things, bringing a variety of blues together :)

Well done to blue alliance and felix and liam.
There are probably a few other names associated with BA, but i only ever got acquainted with this pair.
Blue alliance in my opinion helped create a whole new following of younger blues getting to know each other and have made a massive difference to the atmosphere at away grounds.
Blue alliance, and you 2 individuals, need to walk away feeling very proud of what has been achieved - cool runnings, the OT stickers, the fantastic banners, the new songs (apart from the 1st barry one!!), the coach trips (even the shameless coach is tame compared with some of your coach trips!!), the hamburg game - to name a few.
Two of the most loyal blues around ....felix, liam and blue alliance i salute you!!

Good luck to those remaining taking things forward with the city centre branch...onwards and upwards boys

Glad the BA is carrying on in some other disguise and not dieing.

Glad it is now branching out(forgive the pun) and the word is spreading to other groups/branches.

Glad the club and Peter Fletcher are taking a more pro-active role. Hopefully over time the club will go even further in it's efforts to help the fans create a better atmosphere.

Would like to see the club *trial* an away singing section next season. In my opinion it's possible. The club know the allocation of away tickets and the away seating layout. X amount of tickets and a section of seating could be set aside for fans who want to stand together and sing, provided they have the correct amount of loyalty points. I'm sure sales of those seats can be done via the ticket MCFC Box Office page.(drop down menu) Or via phone on request.

It pains me to say this, but Stretford End Flags seems to run a good orgnaized banner group. Perhaps it's worth looking at for a few pointers, if nothing else.(red b******'s)

There were always a few negative connotations with the Blue Alliance, largely unjustified, but fully understand why Liam and Felix had had enough. They've played a huge part in improving the atmosphere, particularly at away games, and deserve a great deal of credit for it.

Having spoke to the BA, and CM11, it seems to make more sense to me having everyone pulling in the same direction to improve the atmosphere, rather than doing their own thing.

The plan is to get everyone together, and we're going to create a new forum on here to discuss future plans regarding songs, banners etc. Time for a collective effort from all Blues who want to improve the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.