Blue Alliance name dropped and what happens next

Ric said:
There were always a few negative connotations with the Blue Alliance, largely unjustified, but fully understand why Liam and Felix had had enough. They've played a huge part in improving the atmosphere, particularly at away games, and deserve a great deal of credit for it.

Having spoke to the BA, and CM11, it seems to make more sense to me having everyone pulling in the same direction to improve the atmosphere, rather than doing their own thing.

The plan is to get everyone together, and we're going to create a new forum on here to discuss future plans regarding songs, banners etc. Time for a collective effort from all Blues who want to improve the atmosphere.

I take it back Ric, you're not a stick in the mud matey.

Nice one that man. :-)

why not just call yourselves "The Cityzens" catchy, fitting, and generally encompasses all City fans/Citizens in whatever forms you choose to be in.

Always thought all the groups, SC's should all have a common identity whilst at the same time have their own individual groups. So you bring all The Cityzens together and still have a locational identity to each "branch" or SC etc

The you can create a "brand" that identifies the The Cityzens, so they feel apart of the collective of all City fans and have the connection with the club at the same time.

just rambling thoughts at 4am ... sorry if this makes no sense.

Why Always Ste said:
wearethesouthstand said:
with the mcfcsc what we have agreed is that for league cup home games next year branches will be able to put requests in for anyone to join up in one big singing block and that way we could have hundreds in a block and make a difference

The Blue Alliance have been great for awhile in getting atmosphere going. Myself I did find some members of the group rather tribal and had conflict with them :(

From my understanding this new system would allow members of OSC branches from all over the show to put requests in to "be a part of it"
Which can only mean more positive things, bringing a variety of blues together :)

well yes there's 1 or 2 at branches who are into the atmosphere but difference was we've been putting branch funds into it. so potentially over time there will be time to get together and discuss things and certainly for league cup games there's the potential to get bigger singing blocks where you might chip in for flags etc. spoke to a mate at timperley branch and they were up for it.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:52 am --<br /><br />
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
why not just call yourselves "The Cityzens" catchy, fitting, and generally encompasses all City fans/Citizens in whatever forms you choose to be in.

Always thought all the groups, SC's should all have a common identity whilst at the same time have their own individual groups. So you bring all The Cityzens together and still have a locational identity to each "branch" or SC etc

The you can create a "brand" that identifies the The Cityzens, so they feel apart of the collective of all City fans and have the connection with the club at the same time.

just rambling thoughts at 4am ... sorry if this makes no sense.

at this stage we're not interested in having a name, we had a name and it put people off - it was also the source of constant arguing and sniping on here. the main thing is, for the rest of this season and for next season let's see how we go, over time we'll put out feelers to certain people, arrange quiet pints and then when everyone has an idea of which way they want it to go you have a much bigger fan group - the name can be an afterthought really, it's not who we are , it's what we do

wearethesouthstand said:
Why Always Ste said:
wearethesouthstand said:
with the mcfcsc what we have agreed is that for league cup home games next year branches will be able to put requests in for anyone to join up in one big singing block and that way we could have hundreds in a block and make a difference

The Blue Alliance have been great for awhile in getting atmosphere going. Myself I did find some members of the group rather tribal and had conflict with them :(

From my understanding this new system would allow members of OSC branches from all over the show to put requests in to "be a part of it"
Which can only mean more positive things, bringing a variety of blues together :)

well yes there's 1 or 2 at branches who are into the atmosphere but difference was we've been putting branch funds into it. so potentially over time there will be time to get together and discuss things and certainly for league cup games there's the potential to get bigger singing blocks where you might chip in for flags etc. spoke to a mate at timperley branch and they were up for it.

I'm aware of a few OSC branches that would happily contribute funds from their kitty to some form of Atmosphere projects, including our branch.

If this makes us grow then brilliant, im all for meetings, flag days, singing fans getting tickets together...

Could there be a special "atmosphere" section on bluemoon ? Would be good to keep us all up to date with events planned..

I will watch out for updates meetings etc, lets move forward and grow, we feel pasionate about this and I know the east lancs blues members im with have support for better atmosphere.

Leeds flag day then ? Im in kippax corner, streamers and flag going with me !

I'm all for anything that will improve the atmosphere, do you think i'll get in with the flags from watford? I'm in 111 again and took my falg home after that game.

Cheers :)

Why Always Ste said:
wearethesouthstand said:
Why Always Ste said:

well yes there's 1 or 2 at branches who are into the atmosphere but difference was we've been putting branch funds into it. so potentially over time there will be time to get together and discuss things and certainly for league cup games there's the potential to get bigger singing blocks where you might chip in for flags etc. spoke to a mate at timperley branch and they were up for it.

I'm aware of a few OSC branches that would happily contribute funds from their kitty to some form of Atmosphere projects, including our branch.

great well part of th problem we've had is not beng able to do things for atmosphere until the 2nd half / final third of the season because we're constantly shelling out for tickets / coaches, later on when there's money over from memberships & coach profits then we do stuff.

this way if branches wanted to contribute and it's all done via bluemoon for example then there might be more money throughout the season ie league cup tie in september

our branches all meet at the EC meetings so we can start swopping numbers and stuff towards the end of the season, have some meetings over the end of the season and in the summer to iron out the finer points and hopefully by the time of the agm we'll know who's in and how we all want it to work

Looking forward to the atmosphere forum and future innovations/ideas. Thought the atmosphere was improved again yesterday over recent weeks, very loud at times, but always room for improvement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.