Blue blood: the mike doyle story

Glazers_Wallet

i know its a few years old but started readin it a few weeks ago, and found it is a very good read some funny stories in it, im only 22 so i didnt get to see him play but he sounds like the type of player i love.
we used to look forward to playing utd each season because it used to be an easy 4 points for us

any1 else read this?

My dad bought this, a very good read, forgotten most now, but I remember enjoying the story about an Australian reporter I think being beaten up in the toilets. haha

His, Neil Young, Joe Corrigan and Bert Trautmann's all offer a good insight into City life among other things.

Mike Doyle was and still is a legend at this club.
His book was a great read but only (in my opinion)gave a small insight into his loathing for Nited.He hated them then and still does now.He looked forward to playing them not just for the easy 2 points but so he could kick the shite out of them for 90 minutes.

Well worth watching:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Spirit-of-70-Mike-Doyle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Sp ... Mike-Doyle</a>

I worked with Mike for a couple of years when he sold golf clubs and equipment for a company called Classic House in Swinton.

You can imagine it was a pleasure going into work and chatting about City for hours on end, as said before his hatred for the scum hasn't diminished one iota over the years.

Mike Doyle = True City Legend ;)

Went to school and played for same team as his son Scott, we also both played for Tameside as well, how his son never became a pro i will never know, class player.

Mike used to come and watch us play when we were at West Hill in Stalybridge, really genuine nice guy.

Good book? Great book? Hardly... it's a shocker!

Bitterness runs through this book like 'Blackpool' through a stick of rock. I paid £1.99 for it in a cheap book shop, read it in an afternoon and felt cheated. While I can understand people yearning for the good old days and having their heroes, I can only assume that some people are easily pleased. Really easily pleased.

But let's have it right, there isn't one single decent biography around of any ex-City player. Hagiographies at best and shameless short run cut 'n' paste cash-ins at worst, while some haven't even been written by professional writers and some of these simply haven't bothered to employ an editor/proofreader FFS! (N.B. Spellcheckers can only do so much!)

Avoid at all costs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.