Blue Moon on Radio 5 Live

Actually caught the tail end of that show and they mentioned their feature about iconic songs, but missed your contribution, will catch up
I like Murray as a broadcaster, that rarest of things a sane liverpool fan
Who supports Celtic. He’s fucking garbage.

as far as i'm concerned if the lyrics are different we didn't steal it, we improved it ;-)
Not sure how it could be stolen when nobody knew they sung a similar version, it's not like they were ever on the telly. I explained earlier how it started, just a drunk and some City humour with everyone joining in.

Loved his night show. He's on Friday afternoons and Sunday mornings on 5Live. Excellent as ever.
Thought it was a very well done and entertaining piece. Pat Nevin is just something else as a football “pundit” with his intelligence and wit shining through. They way that Gary and the others showed how football songs/chants can actually be more than just a song to us fans was really good.

He's a good'un. He said he used to go and watch City with a Blue mate of his, so he's not your usual dipper.

Yeah he just keeps his personal thoughts to himself. I remember reading something about him getting abuse from Liverpool fans more than anyone else simply because he regarded it vital to his job to be impartial so didn't give them overwhelming praise all the time. But it's testament to him that he left his TS show (which was the slot Jim Shite and SJIAC now do) because of the links to the Sun and Hillsborough. That's someone with a solid moral compass, because career wise he'd probably be a lot richer and better known if he'd have stayed there.

Thought it was a very well done and entertaining piece. Pat Nevin is just something else as a football “pundit” with his intelligence and wit shining through. They way that Gary and the others showed how football songs/chants can actually be more than just a song to us fans was really good.

It's an excellent piece and I'll probably try and listen to others as well. Gary was spot on in terms of the songs taking you to certain moments or bringing memories to the forefront of your mind. I'm with him in terms of the melancholic sound being my preference, I've said a few times I wish that we sang the whole song pre-games rather than go into the sped up version which the majority of people stop singing through. It's an anthem and when it rings around the stadium it's special. Speeding it up just ends up with it petering out pretty quickly and then everything is flat again until the next song is started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.