Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

That film soundtrack was my intro to Ry Cooder.

Nice theme, need to be judicious with my three but I do feel some SRV coming on and possibly a Cooder collaboration.

Reactions: OB1
Wasn't going to, really. But here's an open goal right in front of me, and the ball is at my feet.

Frightened Rabbit - good arms vs bad arms.

Slightly lower key slide use, but one that is effective. A song that could have also made the love theme.

Last edited:
So is anyone else planning an Allman Brothers track ? If so I'll go for other artists.

Brilliant theme, right up my street. I absolutely love Southern Comfort, and you are right, the slide is low-key but it’s a beautifully atmospheric soundtrack.

My first nomination is from my favourite slide player, other than Chris Whitley!

“Levee Town” - Sonny Landreth

Great playlist idea, @OB1. Just checking in before hitting the road to the eclipse next week to see what I need to be thinking about. Gonna need some time to mull this over....

Allman Brothers is right up my alley, but I'll be thinking/playing some ideas down the road assuming the missus is also OK with that and a little Ian Hunter thrown in.

I may not make it far! :-)

Brilliant theme, right up my street. I absolutely love Southern Comfort, and you are right, the slide is low-key but it’s a beautifully atmospheric soundtrack.

My first nomination is from my favourite slide player, other than Chris Whitley!

Southern Comfort never gets included in the lists of great soundtracks/scores which I think is remiss. Perhaps it's because the film itself didn't do that much, other than in Iran where they 'rewrote' the script and it was a big hit!

Was going to be my first choice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.