Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

Well, I'm going to get a jump on my first then as you are giving out the tea leaves I've already been enjoying today!

Yes, David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti sure have put together some terrific spaced out tunes for movies (Blue Velvet comes to mind), and of course, in the US, the TV series Twin Peaks. Not sure how much TP was enjoyed in the UK, but back in 1990, it was all the rage here before the storyline couldn't hold up with the original first season.

That whole soundtrack is spaced out, so it really was tough to pick just one... (hint: there are others)

I seem to enjoy the version that has the Julee Cruise vocals on it, so I'll just go with that vs. the TP Theme (instrumental):

Falling - Julee Cruise (from the Soundtrack From Twin Peaks)

That was indeed the type of thing I had in mind :-) If I were to tell you that Falling got into the top 10 and was on TOTP more than once it should give you a sense of how big TP was at one point over here.

I had the album it came from, seem to remember the cover had a blow up woman floating off, per the title.

RobMCFC – Spaced Out

I named this playlist Spaced Out. The idea is to get together a collection of songs that have a dreamlike or spaced-out quality – songs that you can get lost in, tune out from the world and enter the zone, wherever that might be.

“Space to Bakersfield” – Black Mountain

All I’ll say about this song is that is that it sums up the idea of this playlist nicely – hell, it’s even got “space” in the title, but don’t worry because the “Bakersfield” does not imply any pedal steel or yee-haw!
Wow, just wow on that song. A nice ending to the start of a fun playlist!

Well, I'm going to get a jump on my first then as you are giving out the tea leaves I've already been enjoying today!

Yes, David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti sure have put together some terrific spaced out tunes for movies (Blue Velvet comes to mind), and of course, in the US, the TV series Twin Peaks. Not sure how much TP was enjoyed in the UK, but back in 1990, it was all the rage here before the storyline couldn't hold up with the original first season.

That whole soundtrack is spaced out, so it really was tough to pick just one... (hint: there are others)

I seem to enjoy the version that has the Julee Cruise vocals on it, so I'll just go with that vs. the TP Theme (instrumental):

Falling - Julee Cruise (from the Soundtrack From Twin Peaks)
Funnily enough I thought of this song (“Falling”) when I was initially thinking of examples and forgot to mention it when I did the write up.

For a brief time years ago I found myself doing alternating "commutes" to India and the US. Unsurprisingly I was permanently spaced out and this was my song of choice on the descent over London (if the light hits the Thames just right, London looks less of a shithole than it does from Wembley Way). A bit obvious but...

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.