Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

After yesterday I need something not too serious to raise the spirits. On the subject of spirits, whisky is the rock song spirit of choice but much as I love a drop of the uisce beatha, my desert island bottle would have to be a cognac. Trouble is most cognac references are rappers banging on about Hennessy XO. Fortunately we have Buddy Guy to come to the rescue. It's hardly the most sophisticated song but it makes me smile, especially the idea of Keith Richards substituting for Muddy Waters.

Cognac - Buddy Guy with Jeff Beck and Keith Richards

I’ve been out of the Off Topic and music stuff for a good while. What’s the rules now.

Name a tune with an alcohol connection?
Max of three songs unless your the nominator, makes the playlist less unwealdy.
First week is the nomination plus all participants adding up to three songs next week is a listening week and comments.Changeover every other Monday.

Max of three songs unless your the nominator, makes the playlist less unwealdy.
First week is the nomination plus all participants adding up to three songs next week is a listening week and comments.Changeover every other Monday.
Grand.
Rory Gallagher - Too Much Alcohol immediately springs to mind, although if I had to choose one by him, it would be;
A Million Miles Away.
It’s not in the title, but the whole song is a guy in a hotel bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.