Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2, Episode 18 - BM Openers - Out on blue 6 (pg 353)

Now that OB1 has tilted the edge a little north and we need some balance from the Great Southern Land I shall go with a song that Aussie diehards know only to well.

Because I Love You ( original version 1971 ) The Masters Apprentices.

Apologies for my completely infantile nature but I couldn't help but smile at the second comment on YT music for this track where someone wistfully remembers it as...'a great song for lazy drives up the bush'.

And as I've lowered the tone to that of a teenage boy I might as well stay there. Richard Thompson has written extensively about love and some of his material especially with ex wife Linda is brilliant. However mature reflections on love and romance are not quite the territory we're in with this track albeit it's still an acute observation...

Read About Love - Richard Thompson

Last edited:
Apologies for my completely infantile nature but I couldn't help but smile at the second comment on YT music for this track where someone wistfully remembers it as...'a great song for lazy drives up the bush'.
You wonder what Spotify would run with.

Not infantile at all as I would smile as well as long that trip has a rendezvous with the fairer sex in tow.

Now when listening to Lazy Sunday Afternoon or When I'm 64 that drive might be a tad more germane.

I love love love the option of deferring my choice for a day while I figure out which artist version of totally different songs of the same title I prefer, or to go back to that 70s glam rocker for cringey nostalgia.

Decisions that can always wait until tomorrow are always the best. I love that.

Reactions: OB1
"I will be waiting..."

I hate to be predictable with a well-known tune, but I've always loved this song, so it has to get played on my second swing.

As much as I once enjoyed the glam rock track that Sweet put out in the late 70's, I'll have to go with something I still listen to fondly with lots of memories of today.

This song was co-written by Rob Hyman of the Philadelphia band The Hooters and this up and coming new wave artist with a near complete first album, Cyndi Lauper. Rob provides backing vocals and keyboards while fellow Hooters bandmate Eric Bazilian plays the electric guitar on this track. The strong and memorable backing vocals and instruments gave this song a very Hooters feel to those of us familiar with this Philly band back in the mid-80's before their first album was released on a major label.

Producer Rick Chertoff introduced Cyndi to Rob in believing that her debut album needed "just one more song". They collaborated here on a song that never mentions the word "love", but it is implied and felt throughout. This became Cyndi's first #1 song and still resonates among the greatest love songs of all...

"Time After Time" - Cyndi Lauper

"I will be waiting..."

I hate to be predictable with a well-known tune, but I've always loved this song, so it has to get played on my second swing.

As much as I once enjoyed the glam rock track that Sweet put out in the late 70's, I'll have to go with something I still listen to fondly with lots of memories of today.

This song was co-written by Rob Hyman of the Philadelphia band The Hooters and this up and coming new wave artist with a near complete first album, Cyndi Lauper. Rob provides backing vocals and keyboards while fellow Hooters bandmate Eric Bazilian plays the electric guitar on this track. The strong and memorable backing vocals and instruments gave this song a very Hooters feel to those of us familiar with this Philly band back in the mid-80's before their first album was released on a major label.

Producer Rick Chertoff introduced Cyndi to Rob in believing that her debut album needed "just one more song". They collaborated here on a song that never mentions the word "love", but it is implied and felt throughout. This became Cyndi's first #1 song and still resonates among the greatest love songs of all...

"Time After Time" - Cyndi Lauper
Yes, fantastic song, and once you are familiar with Rob Hyman's voice, it's unmistakable on this track.

Although my favourite Hooters album is One Way Home, I have considered nominating Nervous Night on the album thread because it's almost as good, less Americana-based and more quirky.

I believe that they opened the US leg of Live Aid because they were hometown favourites.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Geldof was not happy about the Hooters being added as the opening band in Philadelphia. He felt pressured into it by Graham and local promoter Larry Magid. Magid, promoting the concert through Electric Factory Concerts, argued that the band was popular in Philadelphia; their first major label album Nervous Night had been released almost three months earlier and had been a hit. In an interview for Rolling Stone, Geldof asked: "Who the fuck are the Hooters?"[70] Ironically, in December 2004, Geldof appeared on the bill with the Hooters in Germany as their opening act.[70]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.