Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 22 - BimboBob - Songs With Only One Word In The Title (pg 396)

Am I looking to just nominate 3 songs, or am I being specific on the versions of the songs to use from a particular concert, and if so, am I looking for those songs to have to be present on YT? Asking for a friend...

Mine will definitely be an act I have seen live. I just can't have that any other way (and that's on me).
I would imagine just sticking the three YouTube references in one post on here is the way to go.

Am I looking to just nominate 3 songs, or am I being specific on the versions of the songs to use from a particular concert, and if so, am I looking for those songs to have to be present on YT? Asking for a friend...

Mine will definitely be an act I have seen live. I just can't have that any other way (and that's on me).

I would imagine just sticking the three YouTube references in one post on here is the way to go.
That would be the easiest way.
I was going to see if I could make a festival playlist on UouTube that would have the links to each individual concert sent in added to it.

Something like that.

If you wanted to put an live audio only on Spotify or whatever, I suppose I could see what is manageable, but the idea was a YouTube one off to see if it works with people or not.

I'm going to go down the opposite route of Eamo here. Instead of high energy, showmanship, and uplifting bombast, I'm going to go for low key, slow pace, intimacy, and subtle emotion tugging.

I am deliberately also putting forward songs I have previously put up for other playlists, in their original album versions. And bands/songs I have seen live, albeit the recordings are not specifically ones I was at (that would be an extra layer of hard).

Partly because I think unfamiliarity and live songs don't always go hand in hand, and partly because they are songs I love and the live versions enhance that.

It might put bimbo to sleep, might not be what eams expected from this, might bore one or two, but it suits my mood and what I love and look for in live gigs.

Local Natives (feat. Riyad Mahrez) - Ceilings

Frightened Rabbit - things

Spell Songs - lost words blessing

Goes without saying, takes patience, and worth sticking with till the end.

Last edited:
I'm going to go down the opposite route of Eamo here. Instead of high energy, showmanship, and uplifting bombast, I'm going to go for low key, slow pace, intimacy, and subtle emotion tugging.

I am deliberately also putting forward songs I have previously put up for other playlists, in their original album versions. And bands/songs I have seen live, albeit the recordings are not specifically ones I was at (that would be an extra layer of hard).

Partly because I think unfamiliarity and live songs don't always go hand in hand, and partly because they are songs I love and the live versions enhance that.

It might put bimbo to sleep, might not be what eams expected from this, might bore one or two, but it suits my mood and what I love and look for in live gigs.

Frightened Rabbit - things

Spell Songs - lost words blessing

Goes without saying, takes patience, and worth sticking with till the end.

Ok, leave it with me Coats. I’ll get them organised.

oooh, great song. Now I've got some ideas after this...

Last edited:
So at any festival I'm going to find it all a bit too full on and at some point will slope off to the folk/roots/acoustic stage. Where hopefully I'll find ...

an underappreciated old school singer songwriter playing probably his most famous song

a more contemporary act who's a bit shinier but who knows what's what

and the man...

So at any festival I'm going to find it all a bit too full on and at some point will slope off to the folk/roots/acoustic stage. Where hopefully I'll find ...

an underappreciated old school singer songwriter playing probably his most famous song

a more contemporary act who's a bit shinier but who knows what's what

and the man...

I had you nailed on to put forward that thea gilmore speaks in colours song.

Maybe one for the side optional listening chat.

I had you nailed on to put forward that thea gilmore speaks in colours song.

Maybe one for the side optional listening chat.

I suppose because I'd sort of posted it before I thought probably not but I think your approach is as ever well thought through.

Personally I like when bands play around with other people's songs live, so I was always going to put a cover on and I did think about putting her version of the gin blossoms song hey jealousy in but but a folk stage without Richard Thompson is not a proper folk stage so.

There's too many theme within a theme options here. I considered...

3 Last performances e.g the Jam on The Tube

3 First performances like that one of RATM's first gig where they are literally playing to no one and then a small crowd starts to grow

3 songs that you don't like hearing live because you have to pretend there's something in your eye (She speaks in colours would have worked for that)

3 synth monsters I mentioned earlier

3 of the same artist at different ages

There's just loads of routes to go down. In the end I just reverted to festival type which for me would be to bugger off somewhere quieter for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.