Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Wilk try a summary later today. In the meantime, take it away @BimboBob when ready.

Do people want to call dibs for the next fortnight, and maybe the one after so we lessen the weekly reaching?

I've decided to keep it a bit simple this time out and so, with that in mind, my playlist review club offering is...

Songs With Only One Word In The Title

Now I know there are millions of these with some bands producing whole albums with SWOOWITT, catchy eh!, but I would imagine you lovely people will pull out some corkers amongst all the dross. I've tried to stay away from the more obvious and gone with some personal family favourites.

1. Faith No More - Epic

One of my favourite FNM songs from probably my favourite FNM album, The Real Thing, Epic lives up to it's title. Mike Patton's first FMN outing is just a joyful rock offering and this song is the pick of the bunch. Seen them live a few times over the years and they never fail to entertain.

Fun Fact. No fish were harmed in the making of the video.

2. Los Dug Dug's - Smog

A Mexican psychedelic rock band formed in the 60's. They were one of the first Mexican bands to record in English and also cover UK and American songs which was unheard of in those days. This is performed in Spanish though. One of the albums that I remembered my Dad playing in the early 70's. Unfortunately it got lost so I had to buy another copy when it was reissued a few years ago. Mucho expensive!

Fun Fact: This song appeared briefly in Top Gear's Bolivian episode.

3. Fad Gadget - Scapegoat

I've included this because it's my Brother's favourite Fad Gadget song and one of my favourites from his 'Under The Flag' album. It sounds so...Fad Gadget! Alison Moyet contributed to the backing vocals.

Fun Fact: He was the first person to sign for Mute Records.

4. Gerry Rafferty - Island

A doozy of a song from his City to City album. I could, and do, listen to this album on repeat. His first solo album for six years because of Stealers Wheel legal disputes, it features the behemoth that is Baker Street and my favourite, Right Down The Line. Another of my Dads favourite artists. This whole album takes me back, maybe with rose tinted specs, to late 70's Sunday early evenings, me and him sat listening to one of his offerings.

Fun Fact: Bob Holness did not play sax on Baker Street.

5. Electric Light Orchestra - Shangri-la

And yet another late 70's Sunday early evening record session album! This song is the last on the album, A New World Record, and has such a dreamy outro that it never fails to make me smile and remember. ELO are one of those bands that can do no wrong in my eyes, I've seen them a few times and they always put on a decent show. Pity they are on their farewell tour.

Fun Fact: ELO were asked to headline Knebworth in 1979 but turned it down. Led Zeppelin were the next choice.

Over to you boffins...

I've decided to keep it a bit simple this time out and so, with that in mind, my playlist review club offering is...

Over to you boffins...
Let me guess, are you needing that "Spotify..." what's the one word I'm thinking of here...?

ah yes... "Charity"

Post-edit: In taking BB's like for a "please", the list is linked here. I'll send a reply out on the latest page so everyone can check it out.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Does 'a' and 'the' count as a second word?

I think it should but just checking.

This is a good one, because there are so many songs to pick from, so hopefully more individual to the posters than the theme itself.

Last edited:

Now I know there are millions of these with some bands producing whole albums with SWOOWITT, catchy eh!, but I would imagine you lovely people will pull out some corkers amongst all the dross. I've tried to stay away from the more obvious and gone with some personal family favourites.

1. Faith No More - Epic

One of my favourite FNM songs from probably my favourite FNM album, The Real Thing, Epic lives up to it's title. Mike Patton's first FMN outing is just a joyful rock offering and this song is the pick of the bunch. Seen them live a few times over the years and they never fail to entertain.

Fun Fact. No fish were harmed in the making of the video.

2. Los Dug Dug's - Smog

A Mexican psychedelic rock band formed in the 60's. They were one of the first Mexican bands to record in English and also cover UK and American songs which was unheard of in those days. This is performed in Spanish though. One of the albums that I remembered my Dad playing in the early 70's. Unfortunately it got lost so I had to buy another copy when it was reissued a few years ago. Mucho expensive!

Fun Fact: This song appeared briefly in Top Gear's Bolivian episode.

3. Fad Gadget - Scapegoat

I've included this because it's my Brother's favourite Fad Gadget song and one of my favourites from his 'Under The Flag' album. It sounds so...Fad Gadget! Alison Moyet contributed to the backing vocals.

Fun Fact: He was the first person to sign for Mute Records.

4. Gerry Rafferty - Island

A doozy of a song from his City to City album. I could, and do, listen to this album on repeat. His first solo album for six years because of Stealers Wheel legal disputes, it features the behemoth that is Baker Street and my favourite, Right Down The Line. Another of my Dads favourite artists. This whole album takes me back, maybe with rose tinted specs, to late 70's Sunday early evenings, me and him sat listening to one of his offerings.

Fun Fact: Bob Holness did not play sax on Baker Street.

5. Electric Light Orchestra - Shangri-la

And yet another late 70's Sunday early evening record session album! This song is the last on the album, A New World Record, and has such a dreamy outro that it never fails to make me smile and remember. ELO are one of those bands that can do no wrong in my eyes, I've seen them a few times and they always put on a decent show. Pity they are on their farewell tour.

Fun Fact: ELO were asked to headline Knebworth in 1979 but turned it down. Led Zeppelin were the next choice.

Over to you boffins...
I expected Violator to be top of your list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.