Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

I've always suspected that essentially I'm a miserable antisocial bleeder, and I think this theme is confirming it. I really dislike quite a lot of the nominations so far!

I could nominate a variety of songs that fit the bill but they'd be a bit plastic so I need to find my own way into this thread.
That said, if the M6 allows a decent run up to the match then this always gets an airing...

Pixies - Debaser
I'm back in.

Shall we just delay a week, keep it simple. Gives more time for this one.

I can do Wednesday changeover if you need and don't feel better, just let me know, no problem at all.
Whatever works best.

I’m hoping to be better by Wednesday but good that you are on standby. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I never gave a third tailgater.

Rocky Road to Dublin - The Dubliners.

Just found a great version of it actually.

Last edited:
Apologies that this is a week late.

RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours

I thought about making a colours playlist, but then I decided that there was too much choice.

Black is an absence of colours, white is all colours and I’m not having any of that Crown Paint rubbish where everything is a colour from metal to corn to magnolia.

So, your choices must include at least one of: red, blue, yellow, green, purple and orange in the title of the song (and not some acronym like RGB).
  • “Apple Green” – The Milltown Brothers
  • “Blue” – The Jayhawks
  • “Red” – Taylor Swift
  • “Yellow Moon” – The Neville Brothers
  • “Midnight Blue” – Lou Gramm

“Apple Green” – The Milltown Brothers

A lively opener from one of the few British few indie albums that I bought in the early 90s.

“Blue” – The Jayhawks

Terrific harmony vocals from an underrated band.

“Red” – Taylor Swift

I’ve been talking about some of her songs in glowing terms in the album thread, so I thought I’d put my money where my mouth is.

“Yellow Moon” – The Neville Brothers

Another byproduct of Daniel Lanois’ fruitful time setting up shop in New Orleans in the late 80s.

“Midnight Blue” – Lou Gramm
Always loved this song, which I first heard on the influential (to me, at least) Stereo Sequence, Radio 1, on Saturday afternoons in the late 80s.

Last edited:
Apologies that this is a week late.

RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours

I thought about making a colours playlist, but then I decided that there was too much choice.

Black is an absence of colours, white is all colours and I’m not having any of that Crown Paint rubbish where everything is a colour from metal to corn to magnolia.

So, your choices must include at least one of: red, blue, yellow, green, purple and orange.
  • “Apple Green” – The Milltown Brothers
  • “Blue” – The Jayhawks
  • “Red” – Taylor Swift
  • “Yellow Moon” – The Neville Brothers
  • “Midnight Blue” – Lou Gramm

“Apple Green” – The Milltown Brothers

A lively opener from one of the few British few indie albums that I bought in the early 90s.

“Blue” – The Jayhawks

Terrific harmony vocals from an underrated band.

“Red” – Taylor Swift

I’ve been talking about some of her songs in glowing terms in the album thread, so I thought I’d put my money where my mouth is.

“Yellow Moon” – The Neville Brothers

Another byproduct of Daniel Lanois’ fruitful time setting up shop in New Orleans in the late 80s.

“Midnight Blue” – Lou Gramm
Always loved this song, which I first heard on the influential (to me, at least) Stereo Sequence, Radio 1, on Saturday afternoons in the late 80s.

Saw The Milltown Brothers support The LA's at the Hummingbird in Brum. They were quite good but not a patch on The LA's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.