Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

I've not heard any of these songs before.

"Led Clones" by Gary Moore

There's definitely a "Kashmir" vibe going on here. Really enjoyed this track - a solid verse and chorus and lots of interesting acoustic and string bridges. The lyrics are smart as well - "You've stole from the houses of the holy"

"Borrowed Time" by Diamond Head

Not bad. Goes on a bit and feels a bit repetitive.

"The Ballad of Crafty Jack" by Lone Star

Nice mix of instruments on here - fueled by chunky guitar riffs but backed by some great organ.

"One More Heartache" by Detective

Same comment as "Borrowed Time" - I enjoyed the riff at the start but apart from a bit of a break in the middle, it didn't change much.

"Blue and Evil" by Joe Bonamassa

I've not listened to much Joe Bonamassa - he probably should be right up my street but the few songs that I have heard all go into outright bombast very quickly.
I like blues guitarists, but a lot of them can sound the same. I generally like those that do something a bit different rather than standard blues riffs.
I like the way this one starts with a bit of acoustic and I did enjoy this track - Might check out more of his stuff.
Looking at the album this track comes from, also on there is "I Know A Place" is a John Hiatt track that I know well.

Nice playlist, thanks for posting.

Reactions: OB1
I've not heard any of these songs before.

"Led Clones" by Gary Moore

There's definitely a "Kashmir" vibe going on here. Really enjoyed this track - a solid verse and chorus and lots of interesting acoustic and string bridges. The lyrics are smart as well - "You've stole from the houses of the holy"

"Borrowed Time" by Diamond Head

Not bad. Goes on a bit and feels a bit repetitive.

"The Ballad of Crafty Jack" by Lone Star

Nice mix of instruments on here - fueled by chunky guitar riffs but backed by some great organ.

"One More Heartache" by Detective

Same comment as "Borrowed Time" - I enjoyed the riff at the start but apart from a bit of a break in the middle, it didn't change much.

"Blue and Evil" by Joe Bonamassa

I've not listened to much Joe Bonamassa - he probably should be right up my street but the few songs that I have heard all go into outright bombast very quickly.
I like blues guitarists, but a lot of them can sound the same. I generally like those that do something a bit different rather than standard blues riffs.
I like the way this one starts with a bit of acoustic and I did enjoy this track - Might check out more of his stuff.
Looking at the album this track comes from, also on there is "I Know A Place" is a John Hiatt track that I know well.

Nice playlist, thanks for posting.

Thoughtful comments as ever, Rob, thank you.

DH track does go on a bit and this version is minute longer than the one I really wanted to use.

Bonamassa is worth checking out. He makes a point of regularly releasing product so there are plenty of good tracks to be found.

Thoughtful comments as ever, Rob, thank you.

DH track does go on a bit and this version is minute longer than the one I really wanted to use.

Bonamassa is worth checking out. He makes a point of regularly releasing product so there are plenty of good tracks to be found.
Thanks. Yes, I'm definitely going to check him out. He's got a lot of albums.

Like I often say on the album thread about certain artists, I can't think why I've never listened to him.

Reactions: OB1
Great playlist OB1. The best so far.
It is certainly coming from a music genre I grew up with but haven’t played a lot of in recent times.

So much of it is outdated, but none of these.

It certainly plays like a Zeppelin tribute EP, but there’s nothing wrong with that.

Gary and Joe for me are definitely the standouts, but I liked them all.
Never played Diamond Head before but really like the guys voice.
Same with Lone Star and Detective. New to me.
No skip over tunes here though.
Played them all on a loop while I put the Christmas tree up. I normally play something more chilled when I’m doing that but this was ideal. A bit of energy. Perfect for motivation.

Well done.

Great playlist OB1. The best so far.
It is certainly coming from a music genre I grew up with but haven’t played a lot of in recent times.

So much of it is outdated, but none of these.

It certainly plays like a Zeppelin tribute EP, but there’s nothing wrong with that.

Gary and Joe for me are definitely the standouts, but I liked them all.
Never played Diamond Head before but really like the guys voice.
Same with Lone Star and Detective. New to me.
No skip over tunes here though.
Played them all on a loop while I put the Christmas tree up. I normally play something more chilled when I’m doing that but this was ideal. A bit of energy. Perfect for motivation.

Well done.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I loved this one. Joe B. was the only one on there I had previously listened to, but the whole lot was enjoyable to have on all week. Rob beat me to the kashmir comparison of the first track, and I don't really have more to say about the others that hasn't already been said by rob and eamo. Other than noting I really liked the set.

Gave these a few listens, usually at times that didn't demand too much of me. As you might expect not really my type of thing although of it's sort was OK, no over the top histrionics and quite liked some of the storytelling. Enjoyed the humour in Gary Moore's song too, once I'd resolved myself to the fact he wasn't going to sing like Phil Lynott

Listened to this a few times , not really my kind of taste, but not unpleasant.
it all sounded a bit much like Led Zep covers bands which I suppose was the point, with the exception of the Joe Bonamassa track which I quite like.
Im not a big Led Zep fan either ,prefer Free or Bad Company if I’m listening to Blues Rock.

Listened to this a few times , not really my kind of taste, but not unpleasant.
it all sounded a bit much like Led Zep covers bands which I suppose was the point, with the exception of the Joe Bonamassa track which I quite like.
Im not a big Led Zep fan either ,prefer Free or Bad Company if I’m listening to Blues Rock.

Interesting take. Quite a good point, come to think of it.

Still enjoyed it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.