Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

Was going to put forward Ayla by the maccabees, which is a lovely song to get lost to that I really like. But seeing as you guys collectively royally fucking shat the bed with that album, it might be wasted on you, lol.

I'm liking the post for that selection, haven't heard the other. Recall your audience has changed since that album was nominated. For the better, I'd add too. ;-)

My last one ,Canadian singer song writer, Marc Jordan ‘Charlie Parker Loves Me’

You could do an entire playlist of songs that mention Charlie Parker, I can think of three off the top of my head.

I wonder who the most name checked musician is ? (outside of rap self referential/ diss tracks) Wouldn't be surprised if Bird was fairly high up in the list.

You could do an entire playlist of songs that mention Charlie Parker, I can think of three off the top of my head.

I wonder who the most name checked musician is ? (outside of rap self referential/ diss tracks) Wouldn't be surprised if Bird was fairly high up in the list.
I’d guess Dylan but CP is a good shout.

Last one from me...

Trans Europe Express - Kraftwerk

Despite them paying homage, New Order inadvertently sort of ruined the whole of TEE for me because it doesn't matter what bit of it I hear I end up drifting away to sing 'you caught me at a bad time...'

The 13 year cicadas in the southeast US are now out in full force, and I'd argue the musical constant siren-like humming sound they make are a good space out sound. Pretty cool sound you can constantly hear outside to "the sound of sex". This and the 17 year Broods haven't been out together since 1803. It really is a pretty unique time of spring now.

If interested, here's the best sound and explanation video I've seen:

The BBC hosted scientific view:

Any now, to compete with this, my last track is going back to Louisville, KY, the site of yesterday's Kentucky Derby, a fantastic watch if you haven't yet seen.

Jim James wrote this song as a tribute to his childhood friend who ended his life despite Jim's and other attempts to help him prior. This song is more of a dream of what Jim's view of his friend in heaven would be. The steady drum beat throughout gives it that spacey dreamy feeling, but later on as the song takes on the full force of the music, it is Carl Broemel's switch from his normal guitar to sax on this track that gives it is unique and solemn sound. I've seen MMJ play this song numerous times in concert, and it is always something amazing and moving.

"Dondante" - My Morning Jacket

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.