Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

"This one goes out to the one I love..."

And with that first verse and familiar notes last night, I knew I was in for a rare treat encore from Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit as they covered that R.E.M. song for only the 10th time ever! As Jason wraps up his US tour before 8 straights nights in Nashville in mid-October before going "Overseas" to Europe and the UK in November, I can honestly say that was the best setlist and show I've seen from him.

Not the same setlist every night, we were treated to beautiful acoustic gems from @Mancitydoogle's nominated Southeastern album such as "Elephant" and "Different Days", which were firsts for me seeing live and simply amazing versions. Throw in "Save The World" and "Cumberland Gap" on hopeful songs I hadn't seen live before, and last night goes down as my favourite performance yet. I chose the Friday night show of the two he's playing because Black Pumas are playing tonight in a different venue, and I'm not missing them either.

Black Pumas has all my favourite "Colors", and I'm also aware that "Black Moon Rising" isn't going to count here, so I'll swing back to Jason and avoid Bimbo's blackboard. ;-)

The one song Jason didn't play during the encore that I had seen him play in 2022 was this Drivin’ n’ Cryin’ cover sung by lead guitarist Sadler Vaden. That was from his Georgia Blue album, inspired when that state turned from Red to Blue in the 2020 presidential election. Well, given where they were playing last night and the help being provided from the most toxic Governor option likely ever to be put on a NC ballot, this state's Purple status could be leaning Blue by the time early November arrives. I look forward to our state of covers on an album if the chips fall into place and Jason is so inspired again.

"Honeysuckle Blue" - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit

And for MCD especially....

View attachment 132464

Sounds like a night to remember @Black&White&BlueMoon Town , I can’t wait to see them here in November, out of interest what was the capacity of the venue?
I also hope your state stays Blue.

I was going to subject y’all to another by Zach Bryan ‘Something In The Orange’
But as BWBMT refrained from a Rush track

I’ll go with Red Eyes’ The War on Drugs’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.