Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 25 - OB1 – Soundtracks (pg 422)

I got to see the song "Purple Rain" performed live in concert last night, and it sounded very good by Boy George and his band, but that isn't what this song will be. Just thought I'd mention it because it fit the colour theme, and it was a nice surprise closer.

I'm going to go back to my childhood to find a song I enjoyed quite a lot hearing and singing to in the car on the radio. My first pre-10 year old crush was on my next door neighbor who shared the same name in this song, so needless to say, this refrain got sung whenever it came on. Fond memories. Obviously I had no idea this song was inspired from a male drug dealer, but the lyrics got changed by producer Glyn Johns to make it about a girl.

This was a hit in the US, but apparently not in the UK, so perhaps an inverse to this week's album selection's popularity.

"Jackie Blue" - Ozark Mountain Daredevils

I was sceptical on first listens early on Rob, but I have to say as material is added I’m getting more out of my afternoon coffee break with this on shuffle.

As you would expect, there’s a really varied and interesting selection here.
Quite a decent mix for all to enjoy.

I’d just like a bit of kudos for sparing you all Chris de Burgh and Lady in Red, which the missus suggested.

I thought I put this forward for the collaborations theme, but checked back and I did not.

Into the blue - Woomble, Drever and McKusker. (Of Idlewild, Lau and, well - pretty much everything)

Made me laugh, he is fairly ubiquitous; he was even the first Mr Rusby!

I’d just like a bit of kudos for sparing you all Chris de Burgh and Lady in Red, which the missus suggested.
I almost had one of 4 Rush songs that have "Red" in the title on the ready too, so I'll take a bow for sparing MCD on that... though I do have one selection left, but I'm trying to be nice after all of the reviews from the last fortnight of content!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.